Responses to the COVID-19 pandemic in April 2022
This article documents the chronology of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic in April 2022, which originated in Wuhan, China in December 2019. Some developments may become known or fully understood only in retrospect. Reporting on this pandemic began in December 2019.
Reactions and measures in the Americas
- United States District Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle ruled against the Center for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) facemask mandate for airlines and public transportation.
Reactions and measures in South, East and Southeast Asia
- The Malaysia–Singapore border reopened to travel by private transport without the need for testing and isolation. Travellers will still have to be vaccinated while unvaccinated children under the age of 12 years and below will have to be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult.
Reactions and measures in the Western Pacific
New Zealand's COVID-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins announced that the country would shift to the "orange setting" of New Zealand's COVID-19 Protection Framework from 11:59 pm. Capacity limits for public gatherings were eliminated while facemasks will no longer be compulsory for schools and certain public gatherings and events.
- "US judge throws out Biden mask mandate for planes and trains". BBC News. 19 April 2022. Archived from the original on 12 May 2022. Retrieved 15 May 2022.
- Devi, Venesa (1 April 2022). "Border reopens: Malaysia welcomes travellers after two years". The Star. Archived from the original on 31 March 2022. Retrieved 1 April 2022.
- Lim, Vanessa (1 April 2022). "Hundreds of travellers cross checkpoints as Singapore-Malaysia land border fully reopens". Channel News Asia. Archived from the original on 31 March 2022. Retrieved 1 April 2022.
- "Covid-19 Omicron outbreak: Orange for Easter! NZ to move to new traffic light setting from midnight; 9495 new community cases". New Zealand Herald. 13 April 2022. Archived from the original on 13 April 2022. Retrieved 13 April 2022.
- "Covid-19: All of NZ to move to orange setting from 11.59pm tonight". Radio New Zealand. 13 April 2022. Archived from the original on 13 April 2022. Retrieved 13 April 2022.