This article documents the chronology of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic in June 2022, which originated in Wuhan, China in December 2019. Some developments may become known or fully understood only in retrospect. Reporting on this pandemic began in December 2019.
Reactions and measures in the United Nations
Reactions and measures in Africa
Reactions and measures in the Americas
- Ontario lifts mask requirements for hospitals and public transportation, commencing 11 June.
- The United States Food and Drug Administration authorizes the use of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for children between the ages of six months and 17 years, and the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for children between the ages of six months and four years.
Reactions and measures in the Eastern Mediterranean
Reactions and measures in Europe
Reactions and measures in South, East and Southeast Asia
- Malaysia and India have agreed to recognise each others' COVID-19 vaccination certificates.
Reactions and measures in the Western Pacific
- New Zealand's Covid-19 Response Minister Dr. Ayesha Verrall has announced that pre-departure COVID-19 test requirements for all travellers entering or transiting through the country would be lifted from 20 June 2022 onwards.
- New Zealand's COVID-19 Response Minister Dr. Verrall announced that the COVID-19 vaccine mandate for Corrections and border workers would be lifted on 2 July 2022.
- Dr. Verall confirmed that New Zealand would remain at the orange setting of the COVID-19 "traffic light" system due to rising case numbers.
- "Ontario to end most mask mandates Saturday, including in hospitals, on public transit". CBC News. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. 8 June 2022. Archived from the original on 15 June 2022. Retrieved 17 June 2022.
- "Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Authorizes Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccines for Children Down to 6 Months of Age". Food and Drug Administration. 17 June 2022. Archived from the original on 21 June 2022. Retrieved 22 June 2022.
- "Malaysia, India agree on mutual recognition of Covid-19 vaccination certificates". Malay Mail. 18 June 2022. Archived from the original on 19 June 2022. Retrieved 19 June 2022.
- "Covid 19: Government confirms pre-departure tests will be scrapped". Radio New Zealand. 16 June 2022. Archived from the original on 15 June 2022. Retrieved 16 June 2022.
- Maher, Rachel (28 June 2022). "Vaccine mandate lifted for border and Corrections workers". The New Zealand Herald. Archived from the original on 28 June 2022. Retrieved 28 June 2022.
- "Covid-19: NZ to stay in orange traffic light setting". Radio New Zealand. 30 July 2022. Archived from the original on 4 July 2022. Retrieved 5 July 2022.