Table tennis at the 2022 Commonwealth Games
|Table tennis |
at the 2022 Commonwealth Games
|Venue||National Exhibition Centre|
|Dates||29 July – 8 August 2022|
|Competitors||190 from 34 nations|
|Table tennis at the|
2022 Commonwealth Games
Table tennis is one of the sports contested at the 2022 Commonwealth Games, to be held in Birmingham, England. This will be the sixth staging of table tennis at the Commonwealth Games since its inclusion in 2002, and the second staging within England specifically.
|G||Preliminary matches (group)||P||Preliminary matches (knockout)||¼||Quarter-finals||½||Semi-finals||B||Bronze medal match||F||Gold medal match|
|Fri 29||Sat 30||Sun 31||Mon 1||Tue 2||Wed 3||Thu 4||Fri 5||Sat 6||Sun 7||Mon 8|
|Men's singles C3–5||G||G||½||B||F|
|Men's singles C8–10||G||G||½||B||F|
|Women's singles C3–5||G||G||½||B||F|
|Women's singles C6–10||G||G||½||B||F|
The table tennis competitions are being held at the National Exhibition Centre in Solihull. Five other sports - badminton, boxing, netball, para powerlifting, and weightlifting - will also take place there.
|Totals (7 CGAs)||11||11||11||33|
A total of 160 players (80 per gender) qualified to compete at the Games. The majority achieved team qualification as follows:
- The host nation.
- Nations on the ITTF World Team Rankings as of 2 January 2020.
- Recipients of CGF/ITTF Bipartite Invitations (one nation per CGF region).
- The highest-ranked nation not yet qualified.
In addition, players not in qualified teams were individually picked as follows:
- Region-specific invitations (2 per region).
- Players on the ITTF World Singles Rankings as of 2 January 2020.
- General invitations.
Para table tennis
A total of 32 players (16 per gender) will qualify to compete at the Games. They will qualify for each competition as follows:
- Players on the ITTF Para Table Tennis Rankings as of 1 May 2022 (one per CGF region).
- A player on the aforementioned ranking not already qualified.
- Recipients of CGF/ITTF Bipartite Invitations.
There were 34 participating Commonwealth Games Associations (CGA's) in table tennis and para-table tennis with a total of 190 (94 men and 96 women) athletes. The number of athletes a nation entered is in parentheses beside the name of the country.
- Australia (14)
- Bangladesh (6)
- Barbados (4)
- Cameroon (1)
- Canada (10)
- Cyprus (6)
- England (13)
- Falkland Islands (1)
- Fiji (7)
- Ghana (6)
- Guyana (8)
- India (12)
- Jersey (2)
- Kenya (2)
- Malaysia (10)
- Maldives (5)
- Mauritius (8)
- Nigeria (15)
- Northern Ireland (5)
- Pakistan (1)
- Papua New Guinea (2)
- Saint Lucia (1)
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (4)
- Scotland (4)
- Seychelles (4)
- Sierra Leone (1)
- Singapore (8)
- Solomon Islands (3)
- South Africa (8)
- Trinidad and Tobago (3)
- Uganda (4)
- Vanuatu (3)
- Wales (7)
- "Competition Schedule". BOCCG. Archived from the original on 2 March 2022. Retrieved 1 April 2022.
- Competition Schedule | Table Tennis and Para Table Tennis (PDF). BOCCG. pp. 33, 34. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2 March 2022. Retrieved 1 April 2022.
- "NEC WILL HOST SIX SPORTS AT THE 2022 COMMONWEALTH GAMES". The NEC. 19 October 2022. Archived from the original on 26 December 2021. Retrieved 1 April 2022.
- "Venues | THE NEC". BOCCG. Archived from the original on 29 October 2021. Retrieved 1 April 2022.
- "Athlete Allocation System | Table Tennis" (PDF). Commonwealth Sport / ITTF. 10 December 2021. Archived (PDF) from the original on 30 March 2022. Retrieved 1 April 2022.
- "Athlete Allocation System | Para Table Tennis" (PDF). Commonwealth Sport / ITTF. 10 December 2021. Archived (PDF) from the original on 16 April 2022. Retrieved 17 April 2022.
- "Table Tennis and Para Table Tennis Number of Entries by CGA" (PDF). www.results.birmingham2022.com. Birmingham Organizing Committee for the 2022 Commonwealth Games. 31 July 2022. Retrieved 1 August 2022.