|Born||19 July 1993|
Surat, Gujarat, India
Harmeet Desai is an Indian table tennis player. He is currently ranked 71 in the world as of August 2021. He is from Surat.  In 2018 Commonwealth Games held at Gold Coast, Australia, He won gold in men's team event with Sharath Kamal, Anthony Amalraj, Sathiyan Gnanasekaran & Sanil Shetty and bronze in Men's doubles event with Sanil Shetty. Harmeet Desai won the men's singles title at Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships 2019 at Cuttak,India defeated favorite Sathiyan Gnanasekaran in a hard-fought final to claim the men's singles title. He has been honoured with the Arjuna Award by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India in 2019.
Harmeet Desai won a gold medal in the men's team and a bronze medal in the men's doubles category for table tennis at the Commonwealth Games 2018 that were held in Gold Coast, Queensland in Australia.He was awarded the Arjuna award by Indian President Ram Nath Kovind in August 2019 for his outstanding performance in table tennis.
He won the ITTF Indonesia Open Tournament in November 2019. This was a historic moment as he was the first Indian to win an ITTF tournament in the Asian Continent. In January 2020, he created history when he won the National Championship title for the year 2019 - 2020 as he was the first player from the state of Gujarat to win the National Champion title in table tennis. He was a member of the Indian Junior Team that created history by winning the Junior Championships. He participated and won a bronze medal in the 2018 Asian Games held in the city of Jakarta.
- "Harmeet Desai touches career-high 95, three Indians in top-100". Indian Express. 3 May 2017. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Harmeet Desai". CWG Gold Coast 2018. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "This is the best moment of my career: Harmeet Desai". Soumitra Das. The Times of India. 11 April 2018. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "CWG 2018: Winning gold is like dream coming true, says Harmeet Desai's mother". Indian Express. 10 April 2018. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "Commonwealth Games 2018: Sharath Kamal leads India to gold medal in men's table tennis team event". Firstpost. 10 April 2018. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "CWG 2018: Sanil Shetty, Harmeet Desai win Bronze in table tennis men's doubles". India Today. 14 April 2018. Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- "Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships: Harmeet Desai claims the men's singles title". First Post. 23 July 2019. Retrieved 23 July 2019.
- "Arjuna Awards 2019: Harmeet Desai receives Arjuna Award". Times of India. 28 August 2019. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
- "Men's table tennis tennis team clinches India's fifth gold medal". Retrieved 2 August 2022.
- "Harmeet pulled off a crucial win in the third singles. He just raised his arms in the moment of victory. His win gave India a 3-1 win and the gold medal". Retrieved 3 August 2022.