The Black Ghiandola
|The Black Ghiandola|
|Directed by||Sam Raimi|
|Written by||Anthony Conti|
|Produced by||Tamika Lamison|
J. K. Simmons
|Music by||Trent Reznor|
The Black Ghiandola is a 2017 horror short film directed by Sam Raimi, Catherine Hardwicke and Theodore Melfi and starring Johnny Depp, Laura Dern, David Lynch and J. K. Simmons. It tells the story of a young man risking his life to save a young girl he has grown to love, after his family has been killed in a zombie apocalypse. The film was a project undertaken by the Make a Film Foundation to realize the idea of Anthony Conti, a 16-year-old facing stage IV adrenal cortical cancer. The film screened at the 2017 Oceanside International Film Festival.
- "Make a Film Foundation Premieres Zombie Film Created With Johnny Depp to Fulfill Wish of Kid With Cancer". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Sam Raimi: The Black Ghiandola – horror that makes a difference". 2 December 2017. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- The Black Ghiandola (2017), retrieved 2018-09-22
- "The Black Ghiandola". MovieWeb. Retrieved 2018-09-22.
- "Johnny Depp Joins Film Project For Teen Living With Stage 4 Cancer". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2018-09-22.
- "Oceanside International Film Festival Accepting Submissions for 8th Annual Event". Oside News. 28 November 2017. Retrieved 26 March 2022.