Born in Blackheath, he was the son of Rev. Joseph and Louisa Beazley. He was educated at St Paul's School, King's College London and Balliol College, Oxford. His academic career was as a Fellow of Merton College, Oxford, until his chair at Birmingham.
Associated with a pro-German tendency within the British political and intellectual establishment in the inter-war years, Beazley was a regular contributor to the Anglo-German Review, established in 1936. He subsequently sat on the National Council of the Link, a pro-German organisation.
- James of Aragon (1890)
- Henry the Navigator (1895)
- The Dawn of Modern Geography (vol. 1, 1897; vol. 2, 1901; vol. 3, 1906)
- John and Sebastian Cabot (1898)
- The Chronicle of the Discovery and Conquest of Guinea. Written by Gomes Eannes de Azurara (1899) translator with Edgar Prestage
- An English Garner: Voyages and Travels mainly during the 16th and 17th Centuries (1902) two volumes
- Voyages of the Elizabethan Seamen. Select Narratives from the Principal Navigations of Hakluyt (1907) edited with Edward John Payne
- A Note-book of Mediaeval History AD323–AD1453 (1917)
- Russia From The Varangians To The Bolsheviks (1918) with Nevill Forbes and G. A. Birkett
- Nineteenth Century Europe (1922)
- The Road to Ruin in Europe (1932)
- The Beauty of the North Cotswolds (1946)
- "Beazley, Charles Raymond". Who's Who. Vol. 59. 1907. p. 120.
- "Obituary: Sir Raymond Beazley". The Times. 2 February 1955. p. 11.
- "Births." Belfast News-Letter, 7 April 1868
- London, England, Non-conformist Registers, 1694-1931
- Levens, R.G.C., ed. (1964). Merton College Register 1900–1964. Oxford: Basil Blackwell. p. 3.
- Obermair, Hannes (2013), "Danger Zones – der englische Historiker John Sturge Stephens (1891–1954), der italienische Faschismus und Südtirol", in Faber, Richard (ed.), Italienischer Faschismus und deutschsprachiger Katholizismus, Würzburg: Königshausen & Neumann, pp. 137–62 (150–1), ISBN 978-3-8260-5058-9
- Richard Griffiths, Fellow Travellers on the Right, Oxford University Press, 1983, p. 239
- Griffiths, p. 309
- "Review of Prince Henry the Navigator by C. Raymond Beazley". The Athenaeum (3559): 55. 11 January 1896.
- Le Strange, Guy (July 1897). "Review of The Dawn of Modern Geography: A History of Exploration and Geographical Science from the Conversion of the Roman Empire to A.D. 900 by C. Raymond Beazley". The English Historical Review. 12: 538–543.
- Le Strange, Guy (April 1902). "Review of The Dawn of Modern Geography: Part II. A History of Exploration and Geographical Science from the Close of the Ninth to the Middle of the Thirteenth Century by C. Raymond Beazley". The English Historical Review. 17: 338–339.
- Le Strange, Guy (July 1907). "Review of The Dawn of Modern Geography: Vol. III. A History of Exploration and Geographical Science from the Middle of the Thirteenth to the Early Years of the Fifteenth Century by C. Raymond Beazley". The English Historical Review. 22: 573–574.
|Wikisource has original works written by or about:|
Charles Raymond Beazley
- Page includes a biography
- Works by Raymond Beazley at Project Gutenberg
- Works by or about Raymond Beazley at Internet Archive
- The Papers of Charles Raymond Beazley at Dartmouth College Library