This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2019)
Anbu and Arivu
|Born||11 May 1984|
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Anbariv also known as Anbumani and Arivumani is an Indian duo of action choreographers and stunt coordinators who work in primarily in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Hindi cinema. The duo is well known for their action sequences in films such as Madras (2014), Kabali (2016), and K.G.F: Chapter 1 (2018). Anbariv won the National Film Award for Best Stunt Choreographer in 2019 for their work in 2018 box office hit Kannada film K.G.F: Chapter 1.
Anbumani, also known as Anbu, and Arivumani or Arivu, were born as twins and were raised up in Puzhal.
They studied for few years from 8th standard in Avichi Higher Secondary School, Chennai and later changed their school. During school days they are very silent and normal student.[failed verification]
Both of them pursued their careers as stunt choreographers in film industry. It was Anbu who joined the film industry initially before his twin brother Arivu. Both of them initially served as training assistants to some of the leading stunt masters in the Indian film industry including Stun Siva, Peter Hein, Vijayan, Kecha Khamphakdee, Silva and Dinesh Subbarayan.
The duo debuted in Kollywood as assistant stunt directors in the 2010 film Naan Mahaan Alla before becoming prominent full fledged stunt choreographers in Indian cinema. They made their full fledged debut as stunt masters in Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara, In 2014 their work in the critically acclaimed film Madras which is based on street football earned them lot of appreciation and accolades. Their performance also raised spotlight and attention on them earning them nominations at the 4th South Indian International Movie Awards and in the 9th Vijay Awards for Best Stunt Director. Since then, the twin brothers have worked together in about 100 films in various languages such as Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Hindi.
In 2018, the duo was suspended from the South Indian Cine and TV Stunt Artistes Union for allegations on violating the union rules and code of ethics regarding the stunt sequences and action performances. The court granted relief to the duo and allowed to rejoin the union.
Anbariv received the National Award for K.G.F: Chapter 1 as the Best Stunt Choreographer at the 66th National Film Awards which was held in August 2019.
|2012||Bachelor Party||Malayalam film|
|2013||Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara||Debut as stunt choreographer|
|2014||Peruchazhi||Malayalam film; climax fights only|
|2015||Bhaskar the Rascal||Malayalam film|
|2016||King Liar||Malayalam film|
|2016||Welcome to Central Jail||Malayalam film|
|2017||Georgettan's Pooram||Malayalam film|
|2017||Solo||Bilingual film - Malayalam and Tamil|
|2018||Kammara Sambhavam||Malayalam film|
|2018||Sandakozhi 2||Interval Fight|
|2018||K.G.F: Chapter 1||National Film Award for Best Stunt Choreographer; Kannada film|||
|2018||Touch Chesi Chudu||Telugu film|
|2021||Mumbai Saga||Hindi film|
|2022||Kombu Vatcha Singamda|||
|2022||Etharkkum Thunindhavan|||
|2022||K.G.F: Chapter 2||Kannada film|||
|2022||Ramarao on Duty||Telugu film|||
|2023||RDX||Malayalam film|||
|2023||Dasara||Telugu film|||
|2024||Project K||Telugu film|||
|2023||Game Changer||Telugu film|||
|2023||Salaar||Telugu film|||
|2023||Bandra||Malayalam film|||
- ^ a b c admin (2019-08-11). "KGF Stunt Masters Anbariv thank for National Awards | New Movie Posters". Retrieved 2019-11-02.
- ^ "Kollywood Stunt Director Anbariv Biography, News, Photos, Videos". nettv4u. Retrieved 2019-11-02.
- ^ "அயராத உழைப்புக்குக் கிடைத்த மிகப்பெரிய வெற்றி: தேசிய விருது குறித்து அன்பறிவ்". Hindu Tamil Thisai. Retrieved 2019-11-02.
- ^ சண்டை பயிற்சி இயக்குநர் அன்பறிவ் தொடங்கும் ஆக்சன் அகாடமி..! [Action Academy to be launched by stunt choreographer Anbariv]. Behind Frames (in Tamil). 2019-01-02. Archived from the original on 2 November 2019. Retrieved 2019-11-02.
- ^ Ramanujam, Srinivasa (2016-08-15). "The action brothers". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-11-02.
- ^ Srinivasan, Sudhir (2014-10-11). "Double trouble". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-11-02.
- ^ a b "'Kabali', 'Madras' stunt directors Anbariv removed from union". www.thenewsminute.com. Retrieved 2019-11-02.
- ^ "Court grants injunction against removal of stunt choreographers - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-11-02.
- ^ "கேஜிஎஃப் படத்தின் சண்டைப்பயிற்சி இயக்குநர்கள் அன்பறிவ் உடன் ஒரு சந்திப்பு". Cinemavalai. 2019-01-01. Retrieved 2019-11-02.
- ^ a b c "National Award winning stunt choreographers in Vijay's Thalapathy 65". The Times of India. 20 August 2020. Archived from the original on 26 August 2020. Retrieved 31 March 2021.
- ^ "National Award winners Anbariv to choreograph the stunts in Kamal Haasan's Vikram". The Times of India. 12 June 2021. Archived from the original on 9 June 2022. Retrieved 2021-06-19.
- ^ "Director Shankar to Spend Rs 70 Crore for 7-minute Action Sequence in Ram Charan's RC 15". News18. 2021-11-10. Archived from the original on 4 February 2022. Retrieved 2022-02-04.