|Headquarters||235 Second Street,|
|Tom Ryan (President)|
|Footnotes / references|
Paramount Streaming (formerly CBS Digital Media Group, CBS Interactive, ViacomCBS Streaming), a division of Paramount Global, oversees the company’s streaming technology and offers direct-to-consumer services, free, premium and pay. These include Pluto TV, which has more than 250 live and original channels, and Paramount+, a subscription service that combines breaking news, live sports, and premium entertainment.
As CBS Interactive
On March 15, 2012, it was announced that CBS Interactive acquired video game-based website Giant Bomb and comic book-based website Comic Vine from Whiskey Media, who sold off their other remaining websites to BermanBraun. This occasion marked the return of video game journalist Jeff Gerstmann to the CBS Interactive division of video game websites, which includes GameSpot and GameFAQs, and has Gerstmann once again working directly with some of his former peers at GameSpot within the same building at the CBS Interactive headquarters.
On April 17, 2012, it was announced that Major League Gaming and CBS Interactive would be entering a partnership alongside Twitch to be the only exclusive online broadcaster of their Pro Circuit competitions, as well as for advertising representation.
CBS Corp./Viacom re-merger and afterwards
After the divestment of the “CNET Media Group”, CBS Interactive was dissolved after an organizational restructuring and renamed ViacomCBS Streaming in order to accelerate ViacomCBS 'direct-to-consumer streaming strategies.
ViacomCBS Streaming was renamed as "Paramount Streaming", in-line with the rebranding of parent company ViacomCBS to Paramount Global in February 2022.
Some of the digital media properties under Paramount Streaming are
- Showtime (OTT)
- Pluto TV
- CBS News (streaming service)
- ET Live (broadcast syndicator)
When the company was known as CBS Interactive, it owned several websites, most of which were sold to Red Ventures in 2020. Its former websites are: Radio.com, BNET, CNET, Download.com, TechRepublic, ZDNet, GameFAQs, GameSpot, Giant Bomb, onGamers, TVGuide.com, Chowhound, TV.com, Metacritic, Comic Vine, GameRankings, MetroLyrics and UrbanBaby.
- Spangler, Todd (October 20, 2020). "ViacomCBS Streaming Shake-Up: Pluto TV's Tom Ryan to Head New Global Division, Marc DeBevoise Steps Down". Variety. Archived from the original on March 3, 2021. Retrieved March 18, 2021.
- "Music site Last.fm bought by CBS". BBC News. May 30, 2007. Retrieved April 28, 2010.
- "CBS CORPORATION COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF CNET NETWORKS; MERGES OPERATIONS INTO NEW, EXPANDED CBS INTERACTIVE BUSINESS UNIT". CBS Corporation. June 30, 2008. Archived from the original on August 29, 2008. Retrieved June 30, 2008.
- Giant Bomb, Comic Vine join CBS Interactive GameSpot.com
- Kara Swisher. "BermanBraun Buys Most of Shelby Bonnie's Whiskey Media". AllThingsD. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- "Major League Gaming Partners with CBS Interactive". Major League Gaming. Archived from the original on April 19, 2012. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- Alex Wilhelm (April 17, 2012). "CBS Takes Esports Big with Twitch.tv and MLG". The Next Web. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- Littleton, Cynthia (November 4, 2019). "Marc DeBevoise Named CEO of CBS Interactive as Jim Lanzone Joins Benchmark Capital". Variety. Retrieved November 4, 2019.
- Lunden, Ingrid (September 14, 2020). "Red Ventures acquires CNET Media Group from ViacomCBS for $500M". TechCrunch. Archived from the original on February 28, 2021. Retrieved March 22, 2021.
- Spangler, Todd (September 14, 2020). "ViacomCBS Reaches Deal to Sell CNET for $500 Million to Marketing Firm Red Ventures". Variety. Retrieved September 14, 2020.
- "Red Ventures Announces Closing of Acquisition of CNET Media Group". PR Newswire. October 30, 2020. Retrieved November 6, 2020.
- March 2021, Henry T. Casey 05. "Paramount Plus price, apps, free trial, shows, movies and what you need to know". Tom's Guide. Retrieved March 14, 2021.
- "VIACOMCBS UNVEILS NEW COMPANY NAME, GLOBAL CONTENT SLATE AND INTERNATIONAL EXPANSION PLANS FOR PARAMOUNT+ AT INVESTOR EVENT". Paramount Global. February 15, 2022. Retrieved February 16, 2022.