This biographical article needs more biographical information on the subject.(March 2019)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019)
|Education||University of California, Santa Cruz (BA)|
|Agent Cody Banks, Thor, X-Men: First Class, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
Zackary Lowell Stentz is an American writer and producer of film and television, journalist, novelist, and teacher, best known for his work on Marvel properties with former writing partner Ashley Edward Miller.
Stentz graduated from UC Santa Cruz with a degree in journalism. As a journalist, he wrote and edited for publications such as The Economist, Esquire, Sports Illustrated, and Entertainment Weekly. In addition, he was an environmental activist for Earth First! in the early 1990s.
After graduating from UC Santa Cruz with a degree in Journalism, he worked for Metro Silicon Valley, writing about television, books and popular culture, as well as the Sonoma County Independent (now the North Bay Bohemian)  In 1997, publisher Dan Pulcrano tapped Stentz to oversee Metro's rebranding and launch of its San Francisco monthly, The Metropolitan.
After turning to screenwriting full-time, from 2000 to 2015 he worked with writing partner Ashley Edward Miller, beginning with Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda. As a team, they co-wrote the films X-Men: First Class, the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Thor, and Agent Cody Banks.
He has written and produced multiple television programs, including Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda, The CW's The Flash, Fox's Fringe, and Fox's Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. He also created and developed a forthcoming animated show based on a popular franchise for DreamWorks, Universal, and Netflix.
He has several projects in development, including television programs for Skydance Television, Warner Bros., and HBO, as well as the DC superhero film Booster Gold at Warner Bros. and a remake of Big Trouble in Little China at Fox.
Additionally, he co-wrote the acclaimed young adult novel Colin Fischer, and is currently writing an adventure/thriller entitled Nevermore.
He also teaches screenwriting in the United States and in China. He was a guest of the Wutianming Foundation in Tianjin, and of Wanda Studios in Beijing, where he taught young Chinese screenwriters the tricks and techniques of writing American action movies.
A native of Fort Bragg, California, Stentz was born to a father of German and Irish descent and a mother of Lebanese descent and has described himself as half-Lebanese. His daughter is autistic, and Stentz himself has been described as exhibiting symptoms of the condition.
|2003||Agent Cody Banks||Screenplay by||Co-wrote screenplay with Ashley Edward Miller and Scott Alexander & Larry Karaszewski|
Story by Jeffrey Jurgenesen
|2011||Thor||Co-wrote screenplay with Ashley Edward Miller and Don Payne|
Story by J. Michael Straczynski and Mark Protosevich
|X-Men: First Class||Co-wrote screenplay with Ashley Edward Miller and Jane Goldman & Matthew Vaughn|
Story by Sheldon Turner and Bryan Singer
|2019||Rim of the World||Also producer|
|2001–2005||Andromeda||Consultant, written by, excerpts written by, story by; with Ashley Edward Miller||40 episodes|
|2003||The Twilight Zone||written by; with Ashley Edward Miller||Episode: "Cold Fusion"|
|2008–2009||Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles||written by; with Ashley Edward Miller||8 episodes|
|2009–2010||Fringe||written by; with Ashley Edward Miller||4 episodes|
|2016–2019||The Flash||written by; consulting producer||4 episodes|
|2020–present||Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous||Consulting producer; Writer||37 episodes|
- Stentz, Zack &; Miller, Ashley Edward (2013). Colin Fischer. Penguin Books. ISBN 978-0141343990.
- Stentz, Zack. Nevermore.
- Myers, Scott (July 7, 2017). "Tweetstorm: Zack Stentz on Being 'Good in a Room'". Medium.
- Vehling, Aaron (April 6, 2017). "'X-Men,' 'Thor,' 'Terminator' Screenwriter Zack Stentz Loves FM-84 (& Other Things)". Vehlinggo.
- Anders, Charlie Jane. "Fresh off Thor and X-Men: First Class, Hollywood's next big writing duo is about to explode". io9. Retrieved March 27, 2019.
- Zack Stentz via Twitter direct message
- Stentz and, Zack) [@MuseZack] (Mar 22, 2014). "I went to UC Santa Cruz, people. The only March madness we had was from guilty white liberals interrogating their privilege, or something" (Tweet). Retrieved March 27, 2019 – via Twitter.
- Stentz, Zack (17 October 1996). "How Jerry Got His Soul Back". www.metroactive.com. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- "Germ Warfare: Incident at Odwalla". www.metroactive.com. 7 November 1996. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- "The Paper Formerly Known As SF Live". www.metroactive.com. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- "@MuseZack on Twitter". Twitter. @MuseZack on Twitter. Retrieved 10 August 2020.
- "Screenwriter and Novelist Zack Stentz Talks 'Colin Fischer' and Advice for SJND's Aspiring Writers". Saint Joseph Notre Dame High School. 31 October 2017. Retrieved 15 March 2022.
The topic of autism is personal for Stentz, who has one child on the autism spectrum and has been described as exhibiting autistic characteristics himself.
- Stentz, Zack (March 14, 2016). "Now that the cat's out of the bag, thank you @GBerlanti @AJKreisberg @SarahSoWitty for the invite to do this!!! pic.twitter.com/tCwp9wJFNT". Twitter. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- Gustin, Grant (August 22, 2016). "Our @VancouverDP is directing an episode written by the brilliant @MuseZack. Kim deserves it and he's gonna kill it". Twitter. Retrieved August 22, 2016.
- "Zack Stentz Announces Last Night's The Flash Will Be His Last". DC.