|Born||April 22, 1972|
Bernice, Louisiana, U.S.
|Other names||"Boss Hog”|
Northeast Louisiana University
|Occupation||CEO of Duck Commander & buck commander, businessman, television personality, news contributor.|
|Children||(6 incl. Sadie)|
|Parent(s)||Phil Alexander Robertson|
Marsha Kay Carroway
|Relatives||Incl. Jason Robertson (brother), Silas Robertson (uncle)|
Willie Jess Robertson (born April 22, 1972) is an American TV personality, businessman, author and news contributor. He is best known for his appearances on the reality TV series Duck Dynasty on A&E, and is the current CEO of the company Duck Commander. Robertson lives in West Monroe, Louisiana with his wife Korie and his children: John Luke, Sadie, Will, Rowdy, Bella, and Rebecca.
Robertson was born at Tri-Ward General Hospital in Bernice, Louisiana, in Union Parish, to Phil and Marsha Kay Robertson. He was born 3 days before his father's 26th birthday. He has two older brothers, Alan and Jase, one younger sister, Phyllis, and one younger brother, Jep. Willie grew up around hunting and the outdoors, and spent considerable time around Duck Commander, a small business run by his father. Willie handled various tasks at the company, including building duck calls and handling business calls.
Ever since childhood, Robertson and his brothers have been interested in the duck call business started by their father, Phil. Willie attended Harding University and graduated from Northeast Louisiana University. In 2014, Harding declared Willie and Korie Howard Robertson jointly as Outstanding Young Alumni. His business degree helped take Duck Commander from a family business to a multimillion-dollar empire. Duck Commander is the company that generated a great portion of the wealth that he has acquired and also generated the interest to start the TV show Duck Dynasty. In 2006, Robertson started another pursuit, the company Buck Commander. This company has also created the Buckmen series of DVDs and the television show Buck Commander Protected by Under Armour on the Outdoor Channel. Along with Si, he appeared on an episode of Last Man Standing, and made a cameo in the Christian film, God's Not Dead, with his wife. In the movie he is being interviewed by Amy about his show and states that while hunting is his life, his important thing in life is Jesus Christ. He also appears in the end of the film during a Newsboys concert, where he gives a message to the concert audience to text "God's not dead" to everyone, having heard about the events in college when Josh stood up to Radisson for his beliefs. Willie's daughter, Sadie Robertson would later be featured in its sequel God's Not Dead 2 as high school student Marlene.
Robertson is known for his Christian faith and often preaches about his faith to others. He is a member of the Churches of Christ. He is also almost always seen wearing a bandana in the pattern of the American flag on his head, and he often wears a white suit jacket to look more professional, though the jacket has drawn comparisons to The Dukes of Hazzard character Boss Hogg (Willie's Twitter handle is "williebosshog").
Robertson, like many of his family members featured on Duck Dynasty, is known for his ZZ Top-style beard.
On April 25, 2020, Robertson's house was shot up in a drive-by shooting. While he was shopping at a store, his family were still at home when Daniel King Jr. shot 8 to 10 bullets at property. He stated that he was "Pretty shook up" when a bullet passed through a bedroom window where his son John-Luke, his wife and their infant son were sleeping. No one was hurt, and eventually the perpetrator was caught.
- Billy the Exterminator (2010)
- Duck Dynasty (2012–2017)
- Last Man Standing (2013)
- God's Not Dead (2014) – Cameo appearance
- Whose Line Is It Anyway? (2015)
- Buck Commander (2010–2019)
- Duck Commander (2009–2011)
- The Masked Singer (2021)
- "'Duck Dynasty' Lures a Growing Audience on A&E | ENTERTAINMENT MAGAZINE NEWS". Magazineforever.com. Retrieved July 27, 2016.
- Robertson, Willie and Korie (2012). The Duck Commander Family. New York: Howard Books. ISBN 9781476703541.
- "Robertson Family Tree - Duck Dynasty - aetv.com". Archived from the original on May 25, 2012. Retrieved October 11, 2021.
- "Willie Robertson". Duck Commander. Retrieved July 27, 2016.
- "Outstanding Young Alumni Willie ('95) and Korie Howard ('95) Robertson". Harding Magazine. Searcy, Arkansas: Harding University Alumni Association. p. 26.
- [dead link]
- Colston, Chase (October 23, 2013). "'God's Not Dead' Movie Features Willie Robertson + One Man's Journey to Prove God's Existence [VIDEO]". KNUE. Retrieved January 3, 2014.
- Duck Dynasty's Willie Robertson Speaks About His Faith at Harding University – November 28, 2012. YouTube. November 28, 2012.
- Nelson James (February 28, 2013). "Business Etiquette Lessons Learned from Duck Dynasty | Signs.com Blog". Signs.com. Retrieved July 27, 2016.
- "Willie Robertson (@williebosshog) – Twitter". twitter.com.
- "Arrest made in drive-by shooting at Duck Dynasty star Willie Robertson's estate". The News-Star. Retrieved August 9, 2020.
- "Gov. Bobby Jindal makes guest appearance in 'Duck Dynasty' season premiere tonight". Shreveport Times. June 11, 2014.