|Industry||Media & Entertainment, Technology|
Whip Media is an American technology company providing an enterprise software platform for worldwide content licensing. The company provides insights and proprietary data to entertainment organizations for distribution and monetization of their TV and movie content for revenues and direct-to-consumer growth.
TV Time, which started as WhipClip in 2014, is an application and tracking platform that provides user-reported data about TV and movie engagement, while Mediamorph is a content value management and distribution firm. Mediamorph’s Content Value Management (CVM) platform tracks and accounts for the global transactions of TVOD, SVOD and AVOD through its platforms and manages content within providers and distributors.
Whip Media also provides TVDB, a community-driven database of TV shows. The company has a supply chain partnership program with GrayMeta, Magenta Telekom, Premiere Digital, and ODMEdia.
Whip Media’s clientele includes Disney, Warner Bros., Hulu, NBCU, Paramount, Sony, Lionsgate, BBC, HBO, AT&T, T-Mobile, Liberty Global, Discovery and Pluto TV. The company appointed Michael Kassan to its board of directors and Saj Jayasinghe and Sherry Brennan to its senior management. The company has 155 employees as of January 2020.
In January 2020, Whip Media raised $50 million in Series D funding from Eminence Capital and Raine Ventures, making the total amount raised by the company to $115 million as of 2020.
- Hyatt, Jeff (19 January 2021). "Whip Media Announces Rebrand". Media & Entertainment Services Alliance.
- Spangler, Todd (15 October 2019). "TV Time Acquires Mediamorph, Merging TV and Film Analytics With Content Distribution (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety.
- DTVE, Reporter (16 October 2019). "Insights platform TV Time acquires Mediamorph". Digital TV Europe.
- Spangler, Todd (29 January 2020). "Analytics Firm Whip Media Banks $50 Million, Promises New Tools for Valuing Content-Licensing Deals". Variety.
- Jarvey, Natalie (26 March 2015). "TV Clipping Startup Whipclip Launches, Teams With Comedy Central Ahead of Justin Bieber Roast". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Amore, Samson (January 30, 2020). "Whip Media Raises $50 Million". Los Angeles Business Journal.
- "GrayMeta joins Whip Media strategic supply chain partnership programme". www.rapidtvnews.com. 12 August 2020.
- Easton, Jonathan (28 October 2020). "Magenta Telekom partners with Whip Media for VOD management". Digital TV Europe.
- Staff (December 3, 2020). "Whip Media Group Names Premiere Digital As New Partner In Strategic Supply Chain Program". PRWeb.
- Dziadul, Chris (8 May 2020). "ODMedia teams up with Whip Media". Broadband TV News.
- Perez, Sarah (January 29, 2020). "Whip Media Group, parent to TV show tracking app TV Time, raises $50M". TechCrunch.
- Lafayette, Jon (26 October 2020). "Pluto TV to Use Whip Media Content Management Platform". Broadcasting & Cable.
- Lafayette, Jon (9 July 2020). "Kassan Joins Board of Whip Media Group". Broadcasting & Cable.
- Prange, Stephanie (January 12, 2021). "Whip Media Hires Former Fox Exec Sherry Brennan". Media Play News.