This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2021)
|Edited by||K. R. Gaurishankar|
T. R. Shekhar
|Distributed by||Century Release|
|9 April 2004|
Vismayathumbathu (transl. In the tip of wonder) is a 2004 Indian Malayalam-language psychological thriller film written, directed and produced by Fazil. It stars Mohanlal, Mukesh, and Nayanthara. Mohanlal plays Sreekumar, who possess sixth sense, while Nayanthara does the role of a wandering spirit who get associated with Sreekumar.
Drawn by an invisible force, Sreekumar (Mohanlal) comes to meet his school-time friend, Govindan Kutty (Mukesh). That's where he meets with a girl, Rita Mathews (Nayanthara), whom he initially mistakes to be a prostitute. Later he comes to know that she is the spirit of a Medical College student who had disappeared a while ago. Sreekumar is the only one who is able to see her. Initially, his friends are apprehensive about him, but slowly they begin to believe him. Finally, Sreekumar, the spirit and his friends get together to unravel the mystery behind the disappeared girl.
- Mohanlal as Sreekumar
- Mukesh as Govindan Kutty
- Nayanthara as Reetha Mathews
- Harisree Ashokan as Gopan
- Salim Kumar as Gujan
- Nedumudi Venu as Dr. Sunny Joseph
- Cochin Haneefa as C.I. Nandakumar
- K. B. Ganesh Kumar as Dr. Sam Mathew, Reetha's professor
- Kaviyoor Ponnamma as Sreekumar's mother
- Sukumari as Hostel Warden
- Rizabawa as V. B. Prathapan
- Kalpana as Maya
- Lakshmi Krishnamoorthy as Sreekumar's grandmother
- T. P. Madhavan
- Mithra Kurian as Sarala Menon, Reetha's friend
- Abu Salim as Inspector Ravi
- Jijoy Rajagopal as Zachariah Jacob
The film got mixed reviews and ended up as Blockbuster.
Sify wrote: "Stunning! is the word for Fazil's new psychological thriller Vismayathumbathu [...] The film has a solid story, great acting and a surprise climax that not even a jaded critic like yours truly saw coming. Fazil has made it believable; despite the heights you have to take your mind to believe the story premise". Also, "Fazil's control over the medium is outstanding. The meticulous and carefully written screenplay accelerates towards the climax which is absorbing and spell-binding. Only after the film's chilling conclusion will you be able to fit the pieces of this ingenious super natural puzzle together".
- "Priyane Nee Enne" - K. J. Yesudas
- "Etho Kaliyarangin" - Ganga
- "Etho Kaliyarangin" (Extended) - Ganga
- "Etho Kaliyarangin" (Nayika Nee) - Version I - Dr. Fahad Mohammad, Ganga
- "Etho Kaliyarangin" (Nayika Nee) - Version II - Afsal, Ganga
- "Konchi Konchi" - K. J. Yesudas Raga: Kapi (raga)
- "Mizhikalkkinnenthu Velicham" (D) - Vijay Yesudas, Sujatha Mohan
- "Mizhikalkkinnenthu Velicham" (M) - Vijay Yesudas
- "Priyane Nee Enne" - Sujatha Mohan
- "Nayanthara turns 36: From Manassinakkare to Mookuthi Amman, journey of the ultimate superstar". International Business Times. 18 November 2020.
- Moviebuzz (12 April 2004). "Review: Vismayathumbathu". Sify. Archived from the original on 12 January 2020. Retrieved 20 September 2016.