|Directed by||Sibi Malayil|
|Written by||A. K. Lohithadas|
|Produced by||Ranjini (Tharangini FIlms)|
|Edited by||L. Bhoominathan|
|Distributed by||Tharangini Films|
Vicharana (Trial) is a 1988 Malayalam film written by A. K. Lohithadas and directed by Sibi Malayil. The film stars Mammootty, Sobhana, Nedumudi Venu, Seema, Mukesh, Jagathy Sreekumar and Prathapachandran.
The story is about the problems faced by a lawyer in his personal, social and professional lives when he undertakes the murder case of a trade union leader in which his brother-in-law is the main accused.
- Mammootty as Adv. Sethumadhavan
- Sobhana as Anita, Sethumadhavan's wife
- Nedumudi Venu as Ramettan, Sethumadhavan's scribe and assistant
- Mukesh as Kabeer, a trade union activist
- Jagathy Sreekumar as Kuttappan, a trade union leader
- Lalu Alex as Johnny, a trade union leader
- Seema as Alice, Johnny's wife
- Prathapachandran as Govindan Nair, Anita's father
- Sreenath as Raghu, Anita's brother
- Sukumari as Sarasathi Amma, Anita's mother
- Oduvil Unnikrishnan as Adv. Krishnamurthy
- James as a junior advocate
- "Mammootty Worked In These Movies Directed By Award-winning Director Sibi Malayil - Vicharana (1988)". 7 September 2020.
- "'Kireedom' to 'Akashadoothu': Ten Malayalam tragedies that dried up my tears". 24 February 2019.
- "Looking back at Malayalam writer-director AK Lohithadas and his women characters". 27 June 2020.