Triathlon at the 2022 Commonwealth Games
at the 2022 Commonwealth Games
|Dates||29–31 July 2022|
|Triathlon at the|
2022 Commonwealth Games
|men PTVI||women PTVI|
Triathlon was one of the sports contested at the 2022 Commonwealth Games, held in Birmingham, England. This was the fifth staging of triathlon at the Commonwealth Games since the sport's debut in 2002, and the second staging within England specifically.
As in the last Games, the event was held over the 'sprint' format, a format that was created for venues and places that cannot fully use the Olympic distance. Therefore, this competition did not award points towards the Olympic and Paralympic classification for Paris 2024. The sprint format consisted of a event that had a shorter duration and was faster and consisted of which is the half of 'Olympic'/'Standard' distances; a 750 metre swim, a 20 kilometre bike ride and a 5 kilometre run. The mixed relay was four 'super-sprint' legs of a slightly different stages than in 2018 format: a 300 metre swim, a 5 kilometre bike leg and a 2 kilometre run.
In 2022, the paralympic class chosen for the two paratriathlon events was the visually impaired PTVI classifications,replacing the PTWC events (wheelchair at the both men's and women's events. This means all the legs will be conducted with a sighted guide which also served as the tandem pilot at the cycling leg.
|Fri 29||Sun 31|
- Paratriathletes on the World Triathlon Para Rankings.
- Recipient of a CGF / World Triathlon Bipartite Invitation.
|Totals (8 teams)||5||5||5||15|
Natalie van Coevorden
|| David Ellis (ENG)
Guide : Luke Pollard
| Sam Harding (AUS)
Guide : Luke Harvey
| Jonathan Goerlach (AUS)|
Guide : David Mainwaring
|| Katie Crowhurst (ENG)
Guide : Jessica Fullagar
| Chloe MacCombe (NIR)
Guide : Catherine A Sands
| Jessica Tuomela (CAN)|
Guide : Emma Skaug
- "Competition Schedule". BOCCG. Archived from the original on 2 March 2022. Retrieved 27 April 2022.
- Competition Schedule | Triathlon and Para Triathlon (PDF). BOCCG. p. 34. Archived (PDF) from the original on 14 April 2022. Retrieved 27 April 2022.
- Birmingham 2022 - Triathlon.
- "Venues announced for Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games". BBC News. 19 October 2018. Archived from the original on 18 November 2018. Retrieved 27 April 2022.
- "Venues | SUTTON PARK". BOCCG. Archived from the original on 8 February 2022. Retrieved 27 April 2022.
- Athlete Allocation System | Para Triathlon (PDF). Commonwealth Sport / World Triathlon. 19 March 2021. Archived (PDF) from the original on 25 January 2022. Retrieved 27 April 2022.
- "CGF Sport Update" (PDF). Commonwealth Sport. 22 April 2022. p. 1. Archived (PDF) from the original on 23 April 2022. Retrieved 27 April 2022.