Stanley M. Burstein
Stanley Mayer Burstein
|Born||September 16, 1941|
Stanley Mayer Burstein is a historian whose writings primarily concern the Hellenistic period. He is Professor Emeritus of history at California State University, Los Angeles, and the former Chair of the Department of History. He also served as Secretary-Treasurer and President of the Association of Ancient Historians.
Stanley Mayer Burstein was born on September 16, 1941 in Massachusetts. He married in 1966 and had two children. He received a PhD from the University of California, Los Angeles. He wrote many textbooks which are used by Common Core including The World from 1000 BCE to 300 CE and A Brief History of Ancient Greece, International Edition: Politics, Society, and Culture.
Burstein was awarded the California State University, Los Angeles Outstanding Professor Award (1993) and President's Distinguished Professor Award (1997) along with the 2004 Wang Family Excellence Award.
- "Burstein Bio" (PDF). coas.howard.edu.
- Stanley M., Burstein (2006). World History Medieval to Early Modern Times. Holt, Rinehart and Winston. pp. Biography.
- "Burstein, Stanley M. 1941-(Stanley M. Burstein, Stanley Mayer Burstein) - Dictionary definition of Burstein, Stanley M. 1941-(Stanley M. Burstein, Stanley Mayer Burstein) | Encyclopedia.com: FREE online dictionary". www.encyclopedia.com. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Stanley M. Burstein". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- CSULA Emeriti Faculty Biography – Stanley M. Burstein