Christopher Robin Parkinson
25 October 1929
|Died||7 May 2022(aged 92)|
|Spouse(s)||Patricia A Rogers (1956 – 7 May 2022) (his death) (2 children)|
|Children||3; including Sarah|
Christopher Robin Parkinson (25 October 1929 – 7 May 2022) was an English actor known for his comedy roles. He appeared as the second actor to portray Monsieur Ernest Leclerc in 22 episodes of 'Allo 'Allo! (series 7–9), after the death of the first portrayer Derek Royle (the character being the brother of Roger Leclerc, played by Jack Haig), and was a familiar face of comedy in the 1970s and 1980s. He was also the narrator of Button Moon.
Parkinson's appearances include roles in Dad's Army, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, Terry and June, The Young Ones, The Kenny Everett Television Show, Thriller (1975), Shelley, The Dick Emery Show, On The Buses, The Liver Birds and Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads? He also made an appearance as Desmond, the love interest of Miss Jones, in Rising Damp and appeared in The Professionals, series 2, episode 8 “A Stirring of Dust” in 1978 as a taxi driver. He began his career at the Belgrade Theatre in Coventry, and made his first film appearance as the jeweller's assistant in Billy Liar (1963). Other films include The Family Way (1966), Twisted Nerve (1968), and Catch Me a Spy (1969). He narrated and provided voices to the ITV television series Button Moon.
Parkinson was born on 25 October 1929 in Coventry, Warwickshire. He attended King Henry VIII School, Coventry and, after National Service with the Queen's Royal Lancers, the Birmingham School of Speech Training and Dramatic Art. He married Patricia Rogers in 1956 and had three daughters, one of whom, Sarah Parkinson (1962–2003), was an English producer and writer of radio and television programmes, and was married to comedian Paul Merton until her death from breast cancer aged 41. He died on 7 May 2022, at the age of 92.
- "Robin Parkinson". BFI. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- "Robin Parkinson obituary". The Times. 17 May 2022. Retrieved 17 May 2022.
- "Comic Paul Merton's wife dies". BBC News. 24 September 2003. Retrieved 17 May 2022.
- Lewis, Isobel (11 May 2022). "Robin Parkinson death: 'Allo! 'Allo! star and Button Moon narrator dies aged 92". The Independent. Retrieved 11 May 2022.
- Howie, Michael (11 May 2022). "Robin Parkinson: Actor who played Monsieur Ernest Leclerc in 'Allo 'Allo! and was voice of Button Moon dies age 92". Evening Standard. Retrieved 11 May 2022.