One (German TV channel)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)
|Picture format||1080p HDTV|
(downscaled to 720p and 16:9 576i SDTV for Digital Satellite and Cable)
|Sister channels||Das Erste|
|Launched||30 August 1997|
|Former names||EinsFestival (1997–2009)|
|Digital terrestrial television||Varies on each location|
One (stylized as one) is a German free-to-air television channel owned and operated by the German public-broadcasting consortium ARD. Managed since October 2005 by Westdeutscher Rundfunk on behalf of ARD as a whole, the channel was originally launched (as EinsFestival) on 30 August 1997.
On 29 July 2016, WDR announced that from early September 2016 Einsfestival would be rebranded as One and become a channel specifically aimed at viewers aged between 30 and 49. The channel's website, Twitter, and Facebook presences were updated on 1 September 2016, and the on-air rebrand took effect on 3 September 2016, starting with adoption of the new screen identification at 0.00 and ending with the final adjustment of all aspects of the channel's visual design at 10.00.
The rebrand was aimed at increasing awareness of the station as an entertainment channel, particularly among viewers under 30.
One concentrates on entertainment, and the channel's content is very largely made up of repeat broadcasts of programmes already shown on other ARD channels, national and regional: this includes cinema and television films, drama series, documentaries, reports, magazines, and music programmes (especially rock and pop).
Since the 2004 Summer Olympics ARD and ZDF have used their digital television channels (respectively, One and ZDFneo) to broadcast additional coverage of such sporting events as the Olympic Games and the UEFA European Football Championship. For example, during UEFA Euro 2008 and the 2010 FIFA World Cup these digital channels were used to provide coverage of different matches taking place simultaneously.
- alfredissimo! (2017–present)
- Altes Geld (2017)
- Aus heiterem Himmel (2017–present)
- Bis in die Spitzen, German version of Cutting It (2011-2012, 2015)
- Bernard (2009-2010)
- Bobobobs (Die Bobobobs) (1997-2009)
- Boulevard Bio (2005-2007)
- Boj (Upcoming in 2021)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Buffy – Im Bann der Dämonen) (2010-2011)
- Class (2017–present)
- Cleverman (2017–present)
- Clipster (2012-2013)
- coldmirror (2010–2016)
- Come Fly with Me (2017–present)
- Das Lachen der anderen (2015-2016)
- Dawson's Creek (2017–present)
- Die Story im Ersten (2010–present)
- Die Wiwaldi-Show (2012, 2015)
- Dittsche (2005–present)
- Doctor Doctor (The Heart Guy) (2018–present)
- Doctor Who (2016–present)
- Domian (2006-2009)
- Earth 2 (2009)
- Echo Music Prize (2009-2016)
- EINSWEITER (2008-2015)
- euromaxx (2010–present)
- Eurovision Song Contest (2006-2008, 2010–present)
- Fawlty Towers (2010-2011)
- Frikjent (Lifjord - Der Freispruch) (2017–present)
- extra 3 (2006–present)
- frauTV (2013, 2015–present)
- Graf Yoster (2004)
- Hier und heute (2015-2017)
- In aller Freundschaft (2003-2005)
- In the Club (In the Club - Schwanger und was dann?) (2016–present)
- Inas Nacht (2008–present)
- Ladies Night (2007–present)
- Les Petits Meurtres d'Agatha Christie (Agatha Christie: Mörderische Spiele) (2017–present)
- Little Britain (2016–present)
- Lindenstraße (2001–present)
- Love, Nina (2017–present)
- mannTV (2016)
- Meuchelbeck (2015)
- Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries (Miss Fishers mysteriöse Mordfälle) (2016-2017)
- Mord mit Aussicht (2013–present)
- Murder, She Wrote (Mord ist ihr Hobby) (2012-2013)
- NightWash (2006-2007, 2009–present)
- Nuhr im Ersten (2009–present)
- Nurse Jackie (2016–present)
- Polizeiinspektion 1 (2004)
- Polizeiruf 110 (2001–present)
- PussyTerror TV (2015–present)
- Quarks & Caspers (2010–present)
- Quarks & Co. (2008–present)
- Salto Mortale (2004-2005, 2007-2008, 2017)
- Sensitive Skin (2017–present)
- Shaun the Sheep (Shaun das Schaf) (2008-2016)
- Shuffle (2016–present)
- Sturm der Liebe (2011–present)
- Tatort (2006–present)
- Top of the Pops: 1970s
- The Game (2015)
- The IT Crowd (2017–present)
- The Job Lot (2017–present)
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (2016–2017)
- Threesome (2018)
- Torchwood (2017–present)
- Türkisch für Anfänger (2006–present)
- twentysomething (2013, 2016–present)
- Verbotene Liebe (2011-2013)
- Vorstadtweiber (2015–present)
- Uncle (2017–present)
- Zapp (2005-2008, 2011–2019)
- Zimmer frei! (2006-2009, 2011-2016)
- Zwei am großen See (2009, 2011, 2017)
SD broadcasting via satellite (Astra 19.2) stopped on 12 January 2021.
From 21 to 24 March 2008 Einsfestival ran HDTV test broadcasts via satellite and digital cable (exclusively on Kabel BW). The first HD transmissiones came from the Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin. Between 22 December 2008 and 1 January 2009 Einsfestival again aired HD test shows.
- DWDL.de: Ungeliebter Sendername verschwindet - Neuer Name: Einsfestival soll als One neu angreifen
- WDR: Einsfestival wird One - Eins für Euch Archived 6 August 2016 at the Wayback Machine
- Einsfestival war gestern - ab heute sind wir One.
- DWDL.de: Helfried Spitra und Karin Sarholz über One - "Einsfestival hatte ein Sender-Empfänger-Problem"
- Various clips from 1970s episodes of Top of the Pops as initially re-broadcast on Einsfestival (1 Festival) with the German TV channel logo on-screen, as used by Viacom Studios UK for their television series Britain's Biggest 70s Hits, with episodes transmitted on Channel 5 every Friday night from 22 October 2021 to Christmas Eve 2021
- "Viacom International Studios UK".
- "Exklusiv: Schnelle ARD-Antworten zur SD-Abschaltung". 13 February 2020.
- "KEK/Zuschaueranteile 2017" (PDF). kek-online.de. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 November 2017. Retrieved 16 February 2018.
- "KEK/Zuschaueranteile 2018" (PDF). kek-online.de. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 February 2018. Retrieved 16 February 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to One (ARD).|