National Resilience Institute
|Lembaga Ketahanan Nasional|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Indonesia|
National Resilience Institute (Indonesian: Lembaga Ketahanan Nasional, abbreviated as Lemhannas) is an Indonesian Non-Ministerial Government Agency tasked with carrying out government duties in the field of education for national leaders, strategic assessment of national resilience and strengthening of national values.
The National Defense Institute was established on 20 May 1965, based on Government Regulation No. 37/1964, and is directly under the President. The idea of formation of the agency is to create educational institute in defense to prepare and develop future national leaders (civil servants and military officers) in the context of political strategy and national defense.
In 1983, this agency was placed under the Commander of National Armed Forces and become part of executive agency within the National Armed Forces HQ. In 1994, this agency was renamed into National Resilience Institute and placed directly under the Minister of Defense and Security. In 2001, along with several other agencies, the National Resilience Institute is becomes non-departmental government agency which directly report to the President. In 2006, the position of the Governor of the National Resilience Institute is equivalent with the position of the Minister. Since 2016, the National Resilience Institute is regulated by Presidential Decree No. 98/2016 on the Nasional Resilience Institute.
Tasks and functions
According to article 2 of Presidential Decree No. 98/2016 on the Nasional Resilience Institute, Lemhannas has the task of assisting the President in:
- Organize education to prepare cadres and strengthen national level leaders;
- Carry out a conceptual and strategic study on various national, regional and international issues required by the President;
- Carry out the consolidation of national values .
Article 3 of Presidential Decree No. 98/2016, stipulates that Lemhannas carries out the following functions:
- Educate, prepare cadres and strengthen national level leaders through all business activities and work including educational programs, preparation of educational materials, educational operations and training of participants and alumni as well as evaluation;
- Examine various national, regional and international strategic issues in the fields of geography, demography, natural resources, ideology, politics, law and security, economics, social culture and science as well as international issues;
- Strengthen the national values contained in the preamble to the 1945 Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia as well as the values of Pancasila as the nation's ideology, the spirit of defending the country, the transformation of universal values, the national system and the cultivation of national values;
- Evaluate and develop execution of education of national level leaders;
- Conduct research and measure national resilience level in Indonesia;
- Execute training and studies in the field of national leadership;
- Postgraduate education cooperation in the field of national resilience strategy with national and/or international educational institutions.
- ^ "Lemhanas optimistic about RI's future". The Jakarta Post. 11 April 2015. Retrieved 6 June 2021.
- ^ a b "Sejarah Lembaga Ketahanan Nasional". Portal Lemhannas RI. Retrieved 6 June 2021.
- ^ "Peraturan Presiden RI Nomor 37 Tahun 1964 tentang Pembentukan Lembaga Pertahanan Nasional". Government Regulation No. 37 of 1964 (in Indonesian). Government of Indonesia.
- ^ "Keputusan Presiden RI Nomor 60 Tahun 1983 tentang Pokok-Pokok Dan Susunan Organisasi Angkatan Bersenjata Republik Indonesia". Article 5, Presidential Decision No. 60 of 1983 (in Indonesian). President of Indonesia.
- ^ "Keputusan Presiden RI Nomor 4 Tahun 1994 tentang Lembaga Ketahanan Nasional". Presidential Decision No. 4 of 1994 (in Indonesian). President of Indonesia.
- ^ "Keputusan Presiden RI Nomor 42 Tahun 2001 tentang Perubahan Atas Keputusan Presiden Nomor 166 Tahun 2000 Tentang Kedudukan, Tugas, Fungsi, Kewenangan, Susunan Organisasi Dan Tata Kerja Lembaga Pemerintah Non Departemen Sebagaimana Telah Beberapa Kali Diubah Terakhir Dengan Keputusan Presiden Nomor 16 Tahun 2001". Article 1, Presidential Decision No. 42 of 2001 (in Indonesian). President of Indonesia.
- ^ "Peraturan Presiden RI Nomor 67 Tahun 2006 tentang Lembaga Ketahanan Nasional Republik Indonesia". Article 46, Presidential Decree No. 67 of 2006 (in Indonesian). President of Indonesia.
- ^ a b c "Peraturan Presiden RI Nomor 98 Tahun 2016 tentang Lembaga Ketahanan Nasional Republik Indonesia". Presidential Decree No. 98 of 2016 (PDF) (in Indonesian). President of Indonesia.