Nagpur South Assembly constituency
|Member of Legislative Assembly|
|Current MLA||Mohan Mate|
Nagpur South Assembly constituency is one of the 288 Vidhan Sabha (legislative assembly) constituencies of Maharashtra state, western India. It is one of the six assembly seats which make up Nagpur Lok Sabha seat. The Constituency Number is 53. This constituency is located in the Nagpur district. The delimitation of the constituency happened in 2008. It comprises parts of Nagpur Taluka, and Ward No. 9 to 11, 37 to 42, 73 to 78, 99 to 102 and 120 of Nagpur Municipal Corporation.
Members of Vidhan Sabha
- The seat came into existence in 1978.
- 1978 : Govindrao Vanjari, Indian National Congress (Indira)
- 1980 : Banwarilal Purohit, Indian National Congress (Indira)
- 1985 : Ashok Shankar Dhawad, Indian National Congress
- 1990 : Ashok Shankar Dhawad, Indian National Congress
- 1995 : Ashok Ramchandra Wadibhasme, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 1999 : Mohan Gopalrao Mate, Bharatiya Janata Party.
- 2004 : Govindrao Marotrao Wanjari, Indian National Congress. Died before taking oath.
- 2005 ^ : Dinanath Deorao Padole, Congress (bye-poll)
- 2009 : Dinanath Deorao Padole, Indian National Congress.
- 2014 : Sudhakar Vitthalrao Kohale, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2019 : Mohan Gopalrao Mate, Bharatiya Janata Party
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). Election Commission of India. 26 November 2008. p. 257. Retrieved 13 June 2015.
- "Nagpur South Vidhan sabha assembly election results in Maharashtra". elections.traceall.in. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- "Newly-elected Congress MLA dead - Rediff.com".
- "Statistical Report on General Election 2009, to the Legislative Assembly of Maharashtra" (PDF). Election Commission of India. p. 7. Retrieved 13 June 2015.
- "Results of Maharashtra Assembly polls 2014". India Today. Retrieved 3 November 2014.