Mosayile Kuthira Meenukal
|Mosayile Kuthira Meenukal|
|Directed by||Ajith Pillai|
|Produced by||Niyas Ismail|
|Edited by||Ratheesh Raj|
|Music by||Prashant Pillai|
|Distributed by||Frames Inevitable through KNM Pictures|
Mosayile Kuthira Meenukal (Horse Fish of Mosa) is a 2014 Indian Malayalam-language adventure film directed by Ajith Pillai. Produced by Niyas Ismail under the banner of Frames Inevitable, it stars Asif Ali and Sunny Wayne along with Swathi Reddy and Janani Iyer as the female leads while pivotal supporting roles are played by Joju George, Nedumudi Venu, Nishanth Sagar and Yassar. Cinematography was by Abinandhan Ramanujam and music was composed by Prashant Pillai. Major parts of the film were shot in the islands of Lakshadweep and Andaman besides the different locations in Kerala.
The movie was released on 1 May 2014 and tells the story of a hedonistic Christian who is taken out of prison to a picturesque seaside town where he learns to amend his selfish ways. The movie was praised for its excellent cinematography and different style of direction and story telling .
The film starts with Alex narrating his sad story. He is the scion of a large and rich Christian family, whose male members take pride in flaunting their virility. Due to his wayward life he lands up in prison. He makes attempts to flee from prison but in vain. A saviour appears before him in the form of Akbar Ali. Akbar Ali is from Lakshadweep, and circumstances make Alex follow him to the beautiful islands. The aftermath is the rest of the narration.
- Asif Ali as Alex, son of a farmer.
- Sunny Wayne as Akbar Ali, a fisherman.
- Nedumudi Venu as Kuriachen, Alex's father.
- Janani Iyer as Deena, a postal worker
- Swathi Reddy as Isa
- Nishanth Sagar as Hashim
- P. Balachandran as Raviettan
- Jijoy Rajagopal as Sulaiman
- Joju George as Mathew P. Mathew
- Chemban Vinod Jose as Nadayadi Suni
- Mridul Nair as Saddam Hussain
- Master Reinhard Abernathy as young Alex
- Praveen Harisree
- Sunil Panicker
- Siby Kuruvila
- Riya Saira
- Sukanya Shaji
The music of the film is composed by Prashant Pillai. The music album has 4 songs:
|1||"Aikbareesa"||Preeti Pillai||P. S. Rafeeque|
|2||"Ishq Kadal"||Preeti Pillai||P. S. Rafeeque|
|3||"Aikbareesa" (Male version)||Arun Haridas Kamath||P. S. Rafeeque|
|4||"Ilahi"||Prakash Sontake||P. S. Rafeeque|
- "'Mosayile Kuthira Meenukal' gets U certificate". Sify. Archived from the original on 1 May 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Review: Mosayile Kuthirameenukal is worth a watch". Rediff. 5 May 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Mosayile Kuthirameenukal Review". Nowrunning. 4 May 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2014.