Malarvaadi Arts Club
|Malarvadi Arts Club|
|Directed by||Vineeth Sreenivasan|
|Screenplay by||Vineeth Sreenivasan|
|Narrated by||Vineeth Sreenivasan|
|Edited by||Ranjan Abraham|
|Music by||Shaan Rahman|
|Distributed by||Kalasangham Films |
|Box office||₹15 Crores|
Malarvadi Arts Club is a 2010 Indian Malayalam-language romantic-musical comedy drama film written and directed by Vineeth Sreenivasan in his directorial debut, produced by actor Dileep. The film was released in 600 theaters across India. The cast of five young boys and two girls were selected through a talent hunt. The movie was a commercial success at the box office.
The story is about the life of 5 friends in a small village called Manissery. They have completed their studies and are all set to move to the next phase of their life. But in the process they face unexpected problems while trying to keep their favourite hangout Malarvadi Arts Club alive.
"Malarvadi Koottam" (Malarvadi guys) are a bunch of trouble makers in the Manassery village. They even act as goons for a Communist party, named Labour Party. The first half of the film is about the pointless lives of these five led by Prakashan(Nivin Pauly). Prakashan has a fiery temperament; he would do anything for the people he loves, for the cause he believes in. In a moment of financial crisis, Kumaran (Nedumudi Venu) (their mentor who formed malarvadi club) makes the group take up music once again. On the way, the best singer Santhosh Damodaran (Geevarghese Eappen) in the group gets a chance to attend a reality show. Predictably, he makes it big, which is followed by misunderstandings, separation and a grand reunion in the end.
- Nivin Pauly as Prakashan
- Aju Varghese as Kuttu
- Bhagath Manuel as Purushu
- Harikrishnan as Praveen
- Geevarghese Eappen as Santhosh Dhamodhar
- Nedumudi Venu as Kumarettan
- Jagathy Sreekumar as Raghavan
- Suraj Venjaramood as Shekaran
- Salim Kumar as Kattappuram Sashi
- Janardhanan as NelloorGopalan
- Lishoy as Damodaran
- Malavika Wales as Geethu
- Apoorva Bose as Revathy
- Sreenivasan as Blade Bhaasi
- Sreeram Ramachandran as Prakashan's friend
- Kottayam Nazeer as Prem
- Renjith Reghu as Susheelan
- Manikandan Pattambi
- Visal V Kumar as Lalettan Fan's Association Secretary
- Deepak Parambol as Rameshan
- Deepika Mohan as Damodaran's wife
The movie received positive reviews. Paresh C Palicha of Rediff gave the film 2.5 out of five stars praising Vineeth Sreenivasan on his directorial debut stated that "Malarvadi Arts Club shows that Vineeth Sreenivasan does hold promise as a director, who can only improve with experience. He has made a film that will make the viewer smile". Sify rating it as Watchable movie said "The five new heroes, who were selected after talent hunts and rehearsal camps, have performed quite well".
|1||"Manyamaha Janangale"||Vineeth Sreenivasan, Sachin Warrier, Rajesh Menon|
|2||"Kaathu Kaathu"||Shaan Rahman|
|3||"Innoree Mazhayil"||Rahul Nambiar, Vineeth Sreenivasan|
|4||"Changaayi"||Vineeth Sreenivasan, Sujatha Mohan|
|6||"Nerin Vazhithan"||Vineeth Sreenivasan, Shaan Rahman, Sachin Warrier, Divya S. Menon|
- "Malarvady Arts Club – OneIndia". Archived from the original on 3 December 2010. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- "Malarvady Arts Club Cast and Crew". Retrieved 6 September 2010.
- "A look at Malarvady Arts Club". Rediff. Retrieved 6 September 2010.
- "Top 10 Malayalam grossers of 2010". Sify. Retrieved 25 June 2019.
- "Debutant director makes a splash". The Hindu. 29 July 2010. Archived from the original on 3 August 2010.
- "First look: Malarvady Arts Club". Rediff. Retrieved 6 September 2010.
- "Review: Malarvady Arts Club". Rediff. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- "Review: Malarvady Arts Club". Sify. Archived from the original on 20 July 2010. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- "From Nivin Pauly To Dhyan Sreenivasan: The Findings Of Vineeth Sreenivasan!". Filmibeat. 19 May 2016.
- "BO: Malarvady Arts Club". Sify. Archived from the original on 12 August 2010. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- Malarvaadi Arts Club at IMDb