Type of site
Loudwire is an American online media magazine that covers news of hard rock and heavy metal artists. It is owned by media and entertainment business Townsquare Media. Since its launch in August of 2011, Loudwire has secured exclusive interviews with high profile artists such as Slipknot, Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Judas Priest, Guns N' Roses, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Kiss, Motley Crüe, Suicidal Tendencies and many others. Loudwire has also exclusively premiered new material from Judas Priest, Anthrax, Jane's Addiction, Stone Sour, Phil Anselmo and many more of rock and metal's notable acts. Loudwire Nights is Townsquare's nationally syndicated radio program, airing on its rock stations throughout the country, hosted by Toni Gonzalez.
Loudwire Music Awards
The magazine organizes the Loudwire Music Awards, an annual awards ceremony. The first ceremony and concert, hosted by Chris Jericho, were held on October 24, 2017, at The Novo in Los Angeles. Awards are given based on votes cast by the readers of the website.
- "La suerte del Colorado..." fmrockandpop.com (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 6 February 2012. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- Litton, Jeff (28 January 2022). "Wee Man Shuts Down A Major Jackass Forever Cameo Rumor". Looper.com. Retrieved 23 March 2022.
- Kennedy, Jamie (18 January 2020). "10 Things We Learned From Triple H's Wikipedia: Fact Or Fiction". WhatCulture. Retrieved 23 March 2022.
- Blevins, Joe (16 May 2016). "Rob Zombie gamely fact-checks his own Wikipedia entry for Loudwire". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 23 March 2022.
- "Loudwire Music Awards' First-Ever Ceremony & Concert Set For Today". BroadwayWorld. 24 October 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2021.