|Also known as||Oswin Mackintosh|
|Born||February 23, 1976|
Inverness, United Kingdom
|Genres||Film scores, video game score, electronic, new age, ambient, rock, alternative rock, jazz|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, music producer|
|Instruments||Piano, keyboards, synthesizer, guitar|
Lorne Balfe (born February 23, 1976) is a Scottish composer and producer of film, television, and video game scores. A veteran of Hans Zimmer's Remote Control Productions, Balfe is known for his composing music for big-budget films like 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, Terminator Genisys, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, and the DreamWorks Animation films Home and Penguins of Madagascar, as well as the video games Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Assassin's Creed III, Crysis 2, Skylanders and the Call of Duty franchise, as well as the new fanfare for Skydance Media. He has also scored the television series The Bible, Marcella, The Crown, and Genius, the latter for which he was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music.
As composer of additional music
|2013||Girl Rising||Richard Robbins||—|
|The Last Man on the Moon||Mark Craig||—|
|Pantani: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist||James Erskine||—|
|Above and Beyond||Roberta Grossman||—|
|2016||Le Mans: 3D||James Erskine||—|
|The Fresco Fiasco||Victoria Wimpenny||—|
|2018||Studio 54||Matt Tyrnauer||—|
|2019||Where's My Roy Cohn?||—|
|2020||Rebuilding Paradise||Ron Howard||Composed With Hans Zimmer|
|2003||Loved, Alone||Indra Bhose||—|
|2010||Uganda: Friends of the Gorilla||Rachel Layne McDonald||—|
|2011||When You Find Me||Bryce Dallas Howard||—|
|Making a Scene||Janusz Kamiński||—|
|The Championship Rounds||Daniel Stine||—|
|2014||Almost Home||Todd Wilderman||—|
|2015||Wasted Beauty||Martin Paves||—|
|2016||Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Scroll||Rodolphe Guenoden||Composed with John Powell & Hans Zimmer|
|2017||Them||Nate James Williams||—|
|Rakka||Neill Blomkamp||Main composer|
|Adam: The Mirror|
|Happy Birthday to Me||Michael Reilly||Composed with Max Aruj|
|2006-07||How to Look Good Naked|
|2007||The Science of Superstorms|
|River City||Main theme by Hard Todd|
|2009||WWII in HD||Documentary series|
Composed with Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard
|2015||Sons of Liberty||Miniseries|
Main theme composed by Hans Zimmer
|A.D. The Bible Continues||Miniseries|
Composed with Hans Zimmer
|Saints & Strangers||Miniseries|
|2016||The Story of God with Morgan Freeman||Documentary series|
|2016-18||The Investigator: A British Crime Story|
|2017||Le Mans: Racing Is Everything||Documentary series|
|The Crown||Main theme composed by Hans Zimmer|
Composed with Rupert Gregson-Williams
|2017–present||Genius||Main theme composed with Hans Zimmer|
|2019||This is Football||Documentary series|
|2019–present||His Dark Materials|
|2021||The Wheel of Time||Replaced David Buckley|
|2022||Man vs. Bee|
|2009||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2||Composed with Hans Zimmer|
|Crysis 2||Main theme composed by Hans Zimmer|
Composed with Borislav Slavov, Hans Zimmer & Tilman Sillescu
|Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure||Main theme composed by Hans Zimmer|
Additional music by Andrew Kawczynski & Pete Adams
|Assassin's Creed: Revelations||Cinematics and multiplayer music with Jesper Kyd
Nominated- BAFTA Award for Best Original Music
|Assassin's Creed III||Nominated- BAFTA Award for Best Original Music|
|2013||Beyond: Two Souls||Finished score due to the death of Normand Corbeil|
|Skylanders: Swap Force||—|
|2014||Skylanders: Trap Team||—|
|Honor of Kings||Composed with Hans Zimmer, Duncan Watt & Jeff Broadbent|
|2018||FIFA 19||Composed with Hans Zimmer|
- "Composing a career of note in LA". The Scotsman. 9 July 2002. Archived from the original on 24 September 2019.
- Erlich, David (21 May 2020). "Alexandre Desplat on Wes Anderson's Amazing 'French Dispatch' and del Toro's Musical 'Pinocchio'". IndieWire. Archived from the original on 22 May 2020. Retrieved 22 May 2020.
- "Lorne Balfe Scoring Michael Bay's 'Ambulance'". Film Music Reporter. 4 August 2021. Retrieved 4 August 2021.
- "Lorne Balfe Scoring Henry Joost's & Ariel Schulman's 'Secret Headquarters' | Film Music Reporter".
- "Lorne Balfe to Return for Christopher McQuarrie's 'Mission: Impossible 7 & 8' | Film Music Reporter". Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- Lorne Balfe [@Lornebalfe] (18 August 2016). "#TBT Shoebox Zoo for the BBC . This was my first TV show . Listen to the main theme" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Lorne Balfe to Score BBC's & HBO's 'His Dark Materials'". Film Music Reporter. Retrieved 15 August 2019.
- Hopkins, Tom (31 August 2018). "Full FIFA 19 Soundtrack Revealed; Hans Zimmer Working on The Journey's Score". Twinfinite. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to Lorne Balfe.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lorne Balfe.|