Khanapur, Maharashtra Assembly constituency
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)
Khanapur Vidhan Sabha seat is one of the 288 Vidhan Sabha (legislative assembly) constituencies of Maharashtra state in western India. It is a segment of Sangli Lok Sabha constituency. This seat was named 'Khanapur' until 1972. Then its name, and area under it, changed to 'Khanapur Atpadi', from 1978 to 2004. From 2008 onwards it was back to 'Khanapur' only, after the boundaries of constituencies were redrawn again.
There is a vidhan sabha seat by the same name (Khanapur) in Karnataka.
Khanapur constituency is one of the eight Vidhan Sabha constituencies located in the Sangli district. It comprises the entire Khanapur and Atpadi tehsil and part of the Tasgaon tehsil (Visapur Circal) of the district.
This constituency comes under drought prone area where every year farmers are facing problems of water. The famous grape growing area comes under this zone.
Members of Legislative Assembly
- 1972: Sampatrao Mane, Indian National Congress
- 1978: Salunkhe Sahajirao Ganapatrao, Indian National Congress
- 1980: Patil Hanumantrao Yashwantrao, Indian National Congress (U)
- 1985: Mane Sampatrao Sitaram, Indian National Congress
- 1990: Anil Babar, Indian National Congress
- 1995: Deshmukh Rajendra @ Nathajirao Rastumrao, Independent (politician)
- 1999: Anil Babar, Nationalist Congress Party
- 2004: Patil Sadashivrao Hanmantrao, Independent (politician)
- 2009: Patil Sadashivrao Hanmantrao, Indian National Congress
- 2014: Anil Babar, Shiv Sena
- 2019: Anil Babar, Shiv Sena
Maharashtra Assembly Elections 1972
Seat name = 'Khanapur', until 1972 elections.
|INC||Mane Sampatrao Sitaram ||38,361|
|Independent||Pawar Sampatrao Govindrao (Peasants & Workers Party - शे का प)||26,170|
Maharashtra Assembly Elections 2004
Seat name = 'Khanapur Atpadi', from 1978 to 2004 elections.
|Independent||Patil Sadashivrao Hanmantrao||79,813||50.92|
|BJP||Patil Vijaysinh Tatyaso||12,619||8.05|
|Independent gain from NCP||Swing|
Maharashtra Assembly Elections 2009
|INC gain from Independent||Swing|
Maharashtra Assembly Elections 2014
|INC||Patil Sadashivrao Hanmantrao||53,052||24.34|
|NCP||Amarsinh Narsinrao Deshmukh||39,725||18.23|
|SHS gain from INC||Swing|
- Khanapur (Vita)
- Khanapur Atpadi Assembly constituency
- List of constituencies of Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha
- "District wise List of Assembly and Parliamentary Constituencies". Chief Electoral Officer, Maharashtra website. Archived from the original on 25 February 2009. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). The Election Commission of India. p. 275.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). The Election Commission of India. p. 278.
- "Madhya Pradesh Assembly Election Results in 1972".