Life and career
Harry was born in South Korea, and immigrated to the U.S. with his parents when he was five years old. He attended school in San Leandro CA and graduated From San Leandro High School in 1989. He graduated from Williams College and attended the Graduate Directing Program at New York University. He began his career as an editor for short films and documentaries. He has worked with some of the most renowned editors, including William Goldenberg, Stephen Mirrione and Tom Cross. His VFX editor credits include The Revenant, Zero Dark Thirty , The Hunger Games and Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings 
|2021||Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings||Editor||Feature film|
|2019||The Best of Enemies||Editor||Feature film|
|2017||Mission Control||Editor||TV Movie|
|2017||Pillow Talk||Editor||TV Series|
|2016||Mars Project||Editor||TV Movie|
|2014||The Newsroom||Editor||TV Series|
|2014||This Is What Remains||Editor||TV Movie|
|2014||Drunktown's Finest||Editor||Feature film|
|2013||Welcome to the Jungle||Editor||Feature film|
|2012||Karrabing! Low Tide Turning||Editor||Short film|
|2011||Let Go||Editor||Feature film|
|2011||Detroit 1-8-7||Editor||TV Series|
|2008||California King||Editor||Short film|
|2005||Dogged on Dogtown||Editor||Documentary|
|2005||Starz Special: On the Set of 'Flightplan'||Editor||Documentary|
|2004||Winning the Peace||Editor||Short film|
|2004||Good Thing||Editor||Short film|
|2003||Fast Cars & Babies||Editor||Short film|
|2003||Little Red Light||Editor||Short film|
Awards and nominations
|2021||Nominated||Satellite Awards||Best Film Editing||Minari|||
|2018||Nominated||American Cinema Editors||Best Edited Feature Film||Minari|||
- ""Minari" Editor Harry Yoon on Shaping the Film He Was "Born to Edit"". motionpictures.org. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "ART OF THE CUT with Harry Yoon, ACE, editor of Oscar contender, "Minari"". provideocoalition.com. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "Editor Harry Yoon on Crafting 'Minari,' a Quintessential American Story". awardsdaily.com. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "'The Best Of Enemies': Review". screendaily.com. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "'Detroit' Editors William Goldenberg & Harry Yoon On Three-Camera Cuts & "The Magic Of Kathryn Bigelow"". deadline.com. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "Harry Yoon Talks About Editing the Immigrant Experience in 'Minari'". cinemontage.org. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "WAAAAN Presents A Talk with Harry Yoon '93, Film Editor of Minari". alumni.williams.edu. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "Harry Yoon '93, film editor, weaves together the American story in 'Minari'". williamsrecord.com. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "ART OF THE CUT with Harry Yoon, editor of "Best of Enemies"". provideocoalition.com. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "Oscar-Nominated Editor Stephen Mirrione on Cutting The Revenant". studiodaily.com. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "How Harry Yoon Left Everything and Took the Path that Led to "Minari"". ivpress.com. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "2020 WINNERS". pressacademy.com. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "'Minari,' 'Trial of the Chicago 7' Among American Cinema Editors' Eddie Awards Nominees". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 2021-04-07.