Happily Ever After (2004 film)
|Happily Ever After|
|Directed by||Yvan Attal|
|Written by||Yvan Attal|
|Edited by||Jennifer Augé|
|Music by||Christian Chevallier |
|Distributed by||Kino International Corp.|
|25 August 2004|
|Box office||$13.4 million|
Happily Ever After (French: Ils se marièrent et eurent beaucoup d'enfants; Translation: They married and had many children) is a 2004 French comedy drama film. The film is written and directed by Yvan Attal, produced by Claude Berri, and starring Charlotte Gainsbourg and Yvan Attal.
The soundtrack also features Radiohead.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2018)
Happily Ever After dissects the viability of fidelity via the story of three buddies and their tumultuous relationships with the opposite sex.
The film opens with the central characters, Vincent (Yvan Attal) and Gabrielle (Charlotte Gainsbourg) capriciously flirting in a bar. Vincent appears to win the affection of Gabrielle over many other potential courters, but the entire exercise is a ruse; they are actually married with a child.
The rest of the film explores the nature of romance, marriage, happiness, expectations in life, how love and sex interrelate, and ultimately, why no one can feel fulfilled.
- Charlotte Gainsbourg as Gabrielle
- Yvan Attal as Vincent
- Alain Chabat as Georges
- Emmanuelle Seigner as Nathalie
- Alain Cohen as Frédéric
- Ben Attal as Joseph
- Angie David as the mistress
- Aurore Clément as the mistress's mother
- Anouk Aimée as Vincent's mother
- Claude Berri as Vincent's father
- Nicolas Vaude as The disgruntled viewer
- Johnny Depp as L'inconnu
- Luis Saguar as Casper.
Review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a 57% approval rating based on 42 reviews, with an average rating of 6.01/10. The site's critics consensus reads: "Though this French film features good acting, it lacks the wit and charm one would expect to see."
- "Ils Se Marièrent et Eurent Beaucoup d'Enfants". Kino International Corp. Archived from the original on 2014-07-17.
- "Ils se marièrent et eurent beaucoup d\'enfants (Happily Ever After) (2004) - JPBox-Office".
- "...And They Lived Happily Ever After". unifrance.org. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- Happily Ever After (2005), Amazon.com
- "Happily Ever After (2005)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved 2020-06-28.
- Official website Archived 2014-07-17 at the Wayback Machine
- Ils Se Marièrent et Eurent Beaucoup d'Enfants at IMDb
- Happily Ever After at Rotten Tomatoes