Gustave Rudman Rambali
Gustave Rudman Rambali
|Birth name||Gustave Chand Rudman Rambali|
|Genres||Orchestral, urban, rock|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, arranger, producer, orchestra conductor|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, keyboard|
|Associated acts||Woodkid, Labrinth, Naast|
Gustave Rudman Rambali is a Franco-Swedish composer, arranger and producer. Former singer and gutarist of the group Naast, he has arranged or produced music for artists such as Woodkid, The Weeknd, and Labrinth. He has since then composed original music for the award winning soundtrack of the HBO series Euphoria. In 2021, he composed the music for the documentary Tranchées which was selected at the 78th Venice International Film Festival.
Son of a british rock critic from NME, Paul Rambali, he was born in Paris, France and began learning piano as a child at his local conservatory. Aged 20, he enrolled at the Schola Cantorum de Paris. From there, he was admitted to the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris where he studied composition and orchestration. In 2013 he received from the CNSMDP the Prix d’harmonie, and in 2015 the Prix d’écriture XX-XXIème.
In 2004, as Gustave Naast, he formed the group Naast with members Jeff Brakha, Nicolas Ballay and Lucas Sensi. His song Mauvais Garçon from their debut album Antichambre was featured in the video game Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. In 2008, he disbanded the group to pursue his classical music studies. Later in the year, he composed the music for the animated children's TV series Podcats.
In 2011, his arrangement of the song Iron by Woodkid marked his career debut as an arranger and producer. The arrangement was later sampled by Kendrick Lamar for The Spiteful Chant. Whilst continuing his studies, he composed, arranged or produced music for artists including Clean Bandit, The Weeknd, Birdy and LSD (a supergroup comprising Labrinth, Sia and Diplo). In 2015, he did arrangements for Losers on The Weeknd's Grammy award-winning album, Beauty Behind The Madness.
In 2017, he composed the soundtrack of Atacama, a short film directed by French contemporary artist Caroline Corbasson. In 2019, he composed music for the HBO series Euphoria, directed by Sam Levinson. In 2021, he composed the original soundtrack for the documentary Tranchées which had its out of category world premiere at 78th Venice International Film Festival.
|2006||Naast||Mauvais Garçon||Songwriter, arranger, co-producer, singer, guitarist|
|Tu te trompes|
|Derrière cette porte|
|Coeur de glace|
|La fille que j'aime|
|Je te cherche|
|2008||Podcats||Soundtrack||Composer, co-composer, lyricist, singer, guitarist, producer|
|Remix by Mystery Jets|
|Remix by Gucci Vump|
|Kendrick Lamar||The Spiteful Chant|
|2012||Entics||Lontana Da Me||Co-composer|
|2013||La Fouine||A bout de bras||Co-composer|
|James Arthur||Roses||Co-composer, arranger, co-producer|
|Labrinth||Let It Be||Co-composer, arranger, programmer, orchestra conductor, additional vocals|
|Jealous||Arranger, orchestra conductor|
|2015||Josef Salvat||Shoot & Run||Arranger, orchestra conductor|
|Til I Found You|
|Mika||Ordinary Man||Co composer, co-producer|
|The Weeknd feat. Labrinth||Losers||Arranger, orchestra conductor|
|2016||Klingande||Losing You||Co-composer, arranger, co-producer, orchestra conductor|
|Birdy||Give Up||Arranger, orchestra conductor|
|2017||Wilkinson feat. Karen Harding||Sweet Lies||Co-producer, programmer|
|Noah Cyrus feat. XXX Tentacion||Again|
|Gustave Rudman||Sun||Composer, Arranger, Producer|
|2018||Mikky Ekko||Fame||Strings and orchestration|
|LSD||Genius||Co-arranger, additional production, additional vocal production|
|Genius feat. Lil Wayne|
|2019||Euphoria (HBO series)||Episode 4: Shook One Pt II
Episode 5: '03 Bonnie and Clyde
|2021||Tranchées||Orignal film score||Composer|
- "Rudman Rambali, Gustave : [Prix d'harmonie] [ Portail de la musique contemporaine ]". www.musiquecontemporaine.fr. Retrieved 2019-10-01.
- Sullivan, Caroline (2005-12-09). "Going up?". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-10-01.
- "Interview: Woodkid Talks Creating His Debut Album, Why Lana Del Rey is His Muse, and Artistically Relating to the Past". Complex. Retrieved 2019-10-01.
- "Labrinth interview: Musician on making new album and his addiction to". The Independent. 2014-10-03. Retrieved 2019-10-01.
- Labrinth & Gustave Rudman – Euphoria Funfair, retrieved 2019-10-01
- "Soundtrack Album for HBO's 'Euphoria' to Be Released | Film Music Reporter". Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Vivarelli, Nick (2021-07-26). "Venice Film Festival: 'Last Duel,' 'Dune,' 'Power of the Dog' and 'Spencer' Highlight Starry Lineup – Full List". Variety. Retrieved 2021-08-04.
- "Joinville le Pont Magazine n°189-fevrier-mars 2010". Issuu. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Admis au CNSM en écriture". crr.paris.fr. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Rudman Rambali, Gustave : [Prix d'harmonie] [ Portail de la musique contemporaine ]". www.musiquecontemporaine.fr. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Rudman Rambali, Gustave : Ecriture XXème-XXIème -Examen final [ Portail de la musique contemporaine ]". www.musiquecontemporaine.fr. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "naast gustave rambali - homelib.cf". homelib.cf. Retrieved 2019-10-01.
- "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - Soundtrack Song List". IGN. Retrieved 2019-10-01.
- "A T A C A M A, le premier film de l'artiste Caroline Corbasson - Observatoire des Sciences de l'Univers - Institut Pythéas". www.osupytheas.fr. Retrieved 2019-10-01.
- "Gustave Rudman". Discogs. Retrieved 2019-10-01.
- "Interview / Woodkid ‹ TEEZ'" (in French). Retrieved 2019-10-01.
- "Gustave Rambali". Loop Community. Retrieved 2019-10-01.
- "Labrinth Unveils Heart-Breaking Ballad 'Jealous' | MTV UK". www.mtv.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-10-01.
- "Labrinth - Let It Be songtekst". Songteksten.nl - Your Lyrics Source. Retrieved 2019-10-01.
- The Weeknd (Ft. Labrinth) – Losers, retrieved 2019-10-01