Geoffrey W. Bromiley
|Geoffrey W. Bromiley|
|Died||7 August 2009 (aged 93–94)|
|Position held||emeritus (Fuller Theological Seminary)|
Geoffrey W. Bromiley (1915–2009) was an ecclesiastical historian and historical theologian. He was professor emeritus at Fuller Theological Seminary, "having been Professor of Church History and Historical Theology there from 1958 until his retirement in 1987."
"Bromiley, born in Bromley Cross, Lancashire, England, in 1915. Bromiley died on 7 August 2009.
Ordained in the Church of England, Bromiley served from 1951 to 1958 as Rector of St. Thomas’s Church, Edinburgh. In 1958, he accepted the appointment as Professor of Church History and Historical Theology at Fuller, where he served until his retirement in 1987."
- The Baptism of Infants, 1955, 1976 & 1977, Vine Books (Out of print, but now available online through the Church Society website)
- Children of Promise: The Case for Baptizing Infants, 1979, Eerdmans, ISBN 978-0-8028-1797-6
- God and Marriage, 1980, Eerdmans, ISBN 978-0-8028-1851-5
- Historical Theology: An Introduction, 2000, T & T Clark, ISBN 978-0-567-22357-9
- Introduction to the Theology of Karl Barth, 2000, T & T Clark, ISBN 978-0-567-29054-0
- Sacramental Teaching and Practice in the Reformation Churches, 1957, Eerdmans,
Whilst not all his original work, Bromiley is also listed as Author of the Fully Revised Edition of.
- Fuller Mourns the Loss of Geoffrey Bromiley
- Geoffrey Bromiley, Christianity Today
- Geoffrey Bromiley at TheologicalStudies
- The Baptism of Infants at Church Society
- Only God is Free, Christianity Today, Feb 2002