|Born||24 January 1950|
|Died||14 May 2022 (aged 72)|
|Education||PhD in Physics|
PhD in Chemistry
|Alma mater||École normale supérieure de lettres et sciences humaines|
Pierre and Marie Curie University
|Institutions||École normale supérieure de Lyon|
Commissariat à l'énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives
Bernard Bigot (French pronunciation: [bɛʁnar biɡo]; 24 January 1950 – 14 May 2022) was an academic, civil servant, and he served as the Director-General of the ITER organization between 2015 and 2022.
Bigot died on May 14, 2022, at the age of 72.
- Passing of the ITER Director-General, Dr Bernard Bigot, European Commission, May 14 2022
- New ITER boss promises to strealine management and repair ties with the U.S.. Science Magazine
- Bernard Bigot, directeur général d'ITER Organization. iter.org
- "French scientist leading nuclear fusion project dies at 72". ABC News. 14 May 2022. Retrieved 15 May 2022.
- Media related to Bernard Bigot at Wikimedia Commons