36th Combined Arms Army
|36th Combined Arms Army|
|Branch||Russian Ground Forces|
|Part of||Eastern Military District|
|Lieutenant General Valery Solodchuk|
|NATO Map Symbol||
The army was formed in 1997 from the 55th Army Corps at Borzya in the Siberian Military District, which had been formed from the previous Soviet 36th Army. The army participated in exercises "Baikal-2006", "Vostok-2007", and "Vostok-2010". In February 2009, the army headquarters was relocated to Ulan-Ude.
- 5th Guards Tank Tatsinskaya Red Banner Order of Suvorov Brigade (Ulan Ude, Divisionnaya, MUN 46108)
- 37th Guards Motor Rifle Don Budapest Red Banner Order of the Red Star Brigade (Kyakhta, MUN 69647)
- 30th Artillery Brigade (MUN 62048)
- 103rd Rocket Brigade (Ulan-Ude, MUN 47130)
- 1723rd Anti-Aircraft Rocket Regiment (Jida)
- 75th Headquarters Brigade (Ulan-Ude, MUN 01229)
- and others
- Lieutenant General Aleksandr Petrovich Kolmakov (August 1998 – July 2000)
- Lieutenant General Hakim Ismagilovich Mirzazyanov (July 2000 – November 2003)
- Lieutenant General Vladimir Valentinovich Chirkin (November 2003 – February 2007)
- Lieutenant General Vladimir Borisovich Zarudnitsky (February 2007 – April 2009)
- Lieutenant General Vladimir Genrikhovich Tsilko (June 2009 – February 2012)
- Lieutenant General Oleg Leontevich Makarevich (February 2012 – February 2013)
- Major/Lieutenant General Mikhail Yurevich Teplinskiy (February 2013 – May 2015)
- Major General Dmitry Ivanovich Kovalenko (May 2015 – September 2017)
- Lieutenant General Mikhail Yakovlevich Nosulev (October 2017 – January 2020)
- Major/Lieutenant General Valery Nikolayevich Solodchuk (January 2020 – present)
Role in 2022 Invasion of Ukraine
In the context of the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, elements of the 36th Army (including units from the 5th Tank Brigade, 37th Motor Rifle Brigade and 103rd Rocket Brigade) had been deployed to Belarus and were participating in active operations, mainly in the area West of Kyiv.
- "36-я общевойсковая армия" [36th Combined Arms Army] (in Russian). Russian Federation Ministry of Defense. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Штаб 36-й армии СибВО перенесен из Борзи в Улан-Удэ" [36th Army headquarters of the Siberian Military District relocated from Borzya to Ulan-Ude]. Sibinfo (in Russian). 24 February 2009. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "36th Combined Arms Army".
- "Названа цель визита Шойгу в Бурятию: Новый командующий 36-ой армией" [Purpose of Shoigu's visit to Buryatia revealed: New 36th Army commander]. Baikal Daily (in Russian). 10 June 2015. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Общевойсковое объединение в Бурятии получило нового командующего" [Combined Arms unit in Buryatia gets new commander]. Baikal Daily (in Russian). 25 May 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Rondeli Russian Military Digest: Issue 118, 24 January - 30 January 2022".