2022 in film
2022 in film is an overview of events, including the highest-grossing films, award ceremonies, critics' lists of the best films of 2022, festivals, a list of country-specific lists of films released, and notable deaths.
Evaluation of the year
In his article highlighting the best movies of 2022, Richard Brody of The New Yorker said, "This year, it’s all the more important to offer a widely inclusive list, because a wide range of American filmmakers have caught up with the inescapable phenomenon of the recent past: the resurgence of openly anti-democratic forces and brazenly hate-driven ideologies, the crisis of illegitimate rule, the menace of authoritarianism, the potential end of even our current debilitated American democracy. The phenomenon is certainly not limited to the United States, and filmmakers from around the world have long been confronting it in their own countries bravely, insightfully, and ingeniously. For years, many of the best American filmmakers have been making films of political outrage, with the unsurprising likes of Spike Lee, Jim Jarmusch, and Frederick Wiseman at the forefront, and such younger filmmakers as Jordan Peele, Garrett Bradley, and Eliza Hittman joining them. This year offers a shift in the cinematic paradigm by way of a host of memorable movies; there’s something new and extraordinary in the air, and it has precisely to do with history and memory—and, most powerfully, their intersection."
|1||Avatar: The Way of Water||20th Century / Disney||$2,320,250,281|
|2||Top Gun: Maverick||Paramount||$1,493,491,858|
|3||Jurassic World Dominion||Universal||$1,003,700,604|
|4||Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness||Disney||$955,775,804|
|5||Minions: The Rise of Gru||Universal||$939,628,210|
|6||Black Panther: Wakanda Forever||Disney||$859,208,836|
|7||The Batman||Warner Bros.||$770,962,583|
|8||Thor: Love and Thunder||Disney||$760,928,081|
|9||The Battle at Lake Changjin II||Huaxia||$626,571,697|
|10||Puss in Boots: The Last Wish||Universal||$484,117,029|
2022 box office records
- The Jurassic Park franchise became the tenth film franchise to gross $6 billion with the release of Jurassic World Dominion.
- Additionally, Jurassic World Dominion became the 50th film to gross $1 billion worldwide.
- The Marvel Cinematic Universe became the first film franchise to gross $26 billion, $27 billion, and $28 billion with the releases of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder, and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.
- The Despicable Me and Shrek franchises became the first animated film franchises and the 15th and 17th overall film franchises to gross $4 billion with the release of Minions: The Rise of Gru and Puss in Boots: The Last Wish.
- With the release of Avatar: The Way of Water, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures led over other film distributors in worldwide box office grosses and crossed the $4.9 billion mark for the eighth year. Disney’s cumulative gross was generated from 16 film releases across its various studio divisions.
- Top Gun: Maverick became the highest-grossing film distributed solely by Paramount Pictures worldwide, surpassing Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011), and also Paramount's highest grossing film in the United States and Canada, surpassing Titanic (1997).
- Avatar: The Way of Water became the 51st film to gross $1 billion worldwide, the sixth film to gross $2 billion worldwide, the sixth-fastest film to cross the billion-dollar mark at 14 days, the second-fastest to gross the $2 billion mark, the highest grossing film of 2022, and the highest-grossing film of the COVID-19 pandemic era.
- It had the 11th-biggest global opening of all time and the third-biggest global opening for a film in the pandemic era behind Spider-Man: No Way Home and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, earning $441.7 million in its first weekend.
- It also achieved the second-highest global opening weekend ever for a film released in IMAX cinemas with $48.8 million.
- Top Gun: Maverick became the 49th film to gross $1 billion worldwide.
- Additionally, the film surpassed Mission: Impossible – Fallout (2018) to become Tom Cruise's highest-grossing film of all time at the worldwide box office and also surpassed War of the Worlds (2005) to become Cruise's highest-grossing film at the domestic box office.
- It also passed The Mummy (2017) as Cruise's biggest opening weekend at the worldwide box office and also passed War of the Worlds (2005) as Cruise's biggest opening at the domestic box office and his first film to open to over $100 million in the US.
- It also passed Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007), another Jerry Bruckheimer produced movie, to have the highest Memorial Day opening weekend and passed Shrek 2 (2004) to have the lowest second-weekend drop for a movie that made over $100M in its opening weekend.
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness surpassed Spider-Man 3 to become director Sam Raimi's highest-grossing film.
- Minions: The Rise of Gru became the highest-grossing animated film released since the COVID-19 pandemic, surpassing the 2020 anime film Demon Slayer: Mugen Train.
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever attained the biggest opening weekend ever for a film released in the month of November in the US and Canada with $181.3 million.
- It was also the third-biggest opening weekend for a film in the US and Canada during the pandemic era, behind Spider-Man: No Way Home and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
- Disney Africa reported that the film set an all-time box office record in West Africa and had the biggest opening of 2022 in East Africa, as well as the second-highest box office gross ever in Southern Africa.
- In Nigeria, it achieved the highest opening weekend ever for a film.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 earned $72 million in the U.S. and Canada in its opening weekend. Its debut set the following records: Best U.S. opening for a video game film adaptation, surpassing the opening of its predecessor Sonic the Hedgehog (2020); best U.S. opening for a live-action animated film, again surpassing Sonic the Hedgehog; best U.S. opening for a family movie since the COVID-19 pandemic; and best U.S. opening for a film starring Jim Carrey, surpassing Bruce Almighty (2003).
- It also surpassed the original Sonic the Hedgehog to become the highest-grossing video game film in North America (fourth-highest in the world).
- Avatar became the first movie to gross more than $2.9 billion worldwide, following a worldwide re-release.
- RRR set several records for an Indian film.
- It became the first Indian movie to reach the $100 million mark in the pandemic grossing more than $160 million.
- It set the record for the biggest opening day for an Indian film, grossing Rs.240 crore (US$30 million in 2022) in its first day to surpass Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017).
- It set the record for the highest-grossing Indian film in Japan, surpassing Muthu (1995).. It grossed $ 15.2 million in Japan.
List of some of the film festivals for 2022 that have been accredited by the International Federation of Film Producers Associations (FIAPF).
- List of American films of 2022
- List of Australian films of 2022
- List of British films of 2022
- List of Bangladeshi films of 2022
- List of Canadian films of 2022
- List of Chinese films of 2022
- List of French films of 2022
- List of Hong Kong films of 2022
- List of Indian films of 2022
- List of Italian films of 2022
- List of Japanese films of 2022
- List of Nigerian films of 2022
- List of Pakistani films of 2022
- List of Portuguese films of 2022
- List of Philippine films of 2022
- List of Russian films of 2022
- List of South Korean films of 2022
- List of Spanish films of 2022
- List of action films of 2022
- List of animated feature films of 2022
- List of avant-garde films of 2022
- List of crime films of 2022
- List of comedy films of 2022
- List of drama films of 2022
- List of horror films of 2022
- List of science fiction films of 2022
- List of thriller films of 2022
|3||Mario Lanfranchi||94||Italian||Director, Screenwriter|
|6||Peter Bogdanovich||82||American||Director, Screenwriter, Actor|||
|6||Sidney Poitier||94||Bahamian-American||Actor, Director|||
|9||Bob Saget||65||American||Actor, Comedian|||
|10||Gary Waldhorn||78||English||Actor, Comedian|
|11||Christian Gasc||76||French||Costume Designer|
|13||Jean-Jacques Beineix||75||French||Director, Screenwriter|
|14||Carol Speed||76||American||Singer, Actress|
|15||Jean-Claude Lord||78||Canadian||Director, Screenwriter, Film Editor|
|20||Meat Loaf||74||American||Singer, Actor|||
|21||Louie Anderson||68||American||Actor, Comedian|||
|23||Serge Korber||85||French||Director, Screenwriter|
|27||Kenneth Wannberg||91||American||Composer, Music Editor|
|29||Pete Smith||63||New Zealand||Actor|
|2||Robert Blalack||73||American||Visual Effects Artist|
|2||Ezio Frigerio||91||Italian||Art Director, Costume Designer|
|7||Douglas Trumbull||79||American||Visual Effects Artist, Director|
|9||Alicia Hermida||89||Spanish||Actress, Acting Coach|||
|12||Ivan Reitman||75||Canadian||Director, Producer|
|13||Enzo Robutti||88||Italian||Actor, Comedian|
|14||Alfred Sole||78||American||Director, Production Designer|
|15||Arnaldo Jabor||81||Brazilian||Director, Screenwriter|
|17||David Brenner||59||American||Film Editor|
|18||Leo Fong||93||Chinese-American||Actor, Director|
|21||Chor Yuen||87||Hong Kong||Director, Actor, Screenwriter|
|22||Anna Karen||85||South African-English||Actress|
|24||Sally Kellerman||84||American||Actress, Singer|||
|2||Johnny Brown||84||American||Actor, Singer|||
|2||Alan Ladd Jr.||84||American||Producer|
|2||Tony Walton||87||English||Art Director, Costume Designer|
|5||Lynda Baron||82||English||Actress, Singer|
|9||John Korty||85||American||Director, Animator|||
|12||Robert Vincent O'Neil||91||American||Director, Screenwriter|
|21||Vitaly Melnikov||93||Russian||Director, Screenwriter|
|21||Eva Ingeborg Scholz||94||German||Actress|
|26||Bang Jun-seok||51||South Korean||Composer|
|5||Jimmy Wang Yu||79||Taiwanese||Actor, Director, Producer|
|12||Gilbert Gottfried||67||American||Actor, Comedian|||
|17||Catherine Spaak||77||Belgian-Italian||Actress, Singer|
|21||Jacques Perrin||80||French||Actor, Producer|
|27||Kenneth Tsang||86||Hong Kong||Actor|
|7||Kang Soo-yeon||55||South Korean||Actress|||
|8||John R. Cherry III||73||American||Director, Screenwriter|||
|8||Dennis Waterman||74||English||Actor, Singer|||
|14||Breno Silveira||58||Brazilian||Director, Cinematographer|
|15||Maggie Peterson||81||American||Actress, Singer, Location Manager|||
|18||Linda Lawson||86||American||Actress, Singer|
|21||Colin Cantwell||90||American||Concept Artist|||
|21||Peter Koper||75||American||Producer, Screenwriter, Actor|
|23||Jamie Bartlett||55||South African||Actor|
|24||Maurizio Silvi||73||Italian||Make-Up Artist|
|29||Ronnie Hawkins||87||Canadian-American||Singer, Actor|||
|June||1||May Routh||87||English-American||Costume Designer|
|3||Anna Maria Tatò||82||Italian||Director, Screenwriter|
|12||Philip Baker Hall||90||American||Actor|
|19||Carol Raye||99||Australian||Actress, Singer, Comedian|
|21||Duncan Henderson||72||American||Producer, Assistant Director|
|21||Artie Kane||93||American||Composer, Conductor|||
|22||Robert A. Katz||79||American||Producer|||
|26||Raffaele La Capria||99||Italian||Screenwriter|
|28||Cüneyt Arkın||84||Turkish||Actor, Director, Screenwriter|
|July||1||Maurizio Pradeaux||91||Italian||Director, Screenwriter|
|2||Peter Brook||97||English||Director, Screenwriter|
|2||Alex Law||69||Hong Kong||Director, Screenwriter|
|3||Ni Kuang||87||Hong Kong-American||Screenwriter|
|5||Lenny Von Dohlen||63||American||Actor|
|9||L. Q. Jones||94||American||Actor, Director, Producer|
|11||Terence Macartney-Filgate||97||English-Canadian||Director, Cinematographer|
|14||Christian Doermer||87||German||Actor, Director|
|16||Mickey Rooney Jr.||77||American||Actor|||
|19||William Richert||79||American||Actor, Director|
|23||Bob Rafelson||89||American||Director, Screenwriter, Producer|
|25||Paul Sorvino||83||American||Actor, Singer|
|30||Kiyoshi Kobayashi||89||Japanese||Actor, Voice Actor, Narrator|
|3||Shirley Barrett||61||Australian||Director, Screenwriter|
|7||Biyi Bandele||54||Nigerian||Director, Screenwriter|
|7||Roger E. Mosley||83||American||Actor|
|8||Lamont Dozier||81||American||Songwriter, Singer|||
|8||Olivia Newton-John||73||Australian||Singer, Actress|
|9||Gene LeBell||89||American||Stuntman, Actor|
|12||Wolfgang Petersen||81||German||Director, Producer, Screenwriter|
|13||Rossana Di Lorenzo||84||Italian||Actress|
|14||Marshall Napier||70||New Zealand||Actor|
|14||Kristaq Dhamo||89||Albania||Actor, Director|||
|16||Duggie Brown||82||English||Comedian, Actor|
|16||Eva-Maria Hagen||87||German||Singer, Actress|
|18||Robert Q. Lovett||95||American||Film Editor|
|19||Leon Vitali||74||English||Actor, Assistant to Director|
|20||Masahiro Kobayashi||68||Japanese||Director, Producer, Screenwriter|
|23||Gerald Potterton||91||English-Canadian||Director, Screenwriter, Animator|
|27||Amanda Mackey||70||American||Casting Director|
|28||Ralph Eggleston||56||American||Production Designer, Art Director|
|29||Charlbi Dean||32||South African||Actress|
|6||Just Jaeckin||82||French||Director, Screenwriter|
|7||David A. Arnold||54||American||Comedian, Actor|
|9||Mark Miller||97||American||Actor, Screenwriter|
|10||William Klein||94||French-American||Director, Screenwriter|
|11||Krishnam Raju||83||Indian||Actor, Producer|||
|11||Alain Tanner||92||Swiss||Director, Screenwriter|
|12||Jimmy Flynn||88||American||Transportation Coordinator, Actor|
|13||Jean-Luc Godard||91||French-Swiss||Director, Screenwriter|
|15||Dennis Virkler||80||American||Film Editor|
|16||Marva Hicks||66||American||Singer, Actress|||
|24||Rita Gardner||87||American||Singer, Actress|
|6||Judy Tenuta||72||American||Comedian, Actress|
|11||André Brassard||76||Canadian||Director, Actor|
|11||Angela Lansbury||96||English||Actress, Singer|||
|13||Jeff Barnaby||46||Canadian||Director, Screenwriter, Composer|
|14||Robbie Coltrane||72||Scottish||Comedian, Actor|||
|14||Jan Rabson||68||American||Voice Actor|
|14||Ted White||96||American||Stuntman, Actor|
|16||Ian Whittaker||94||English||Set Decorator, Art Director, Actor|
|24||Leslie Jordan||67||American||Actor, Comedian|
|24||Peter Yang||87||Hong Kong||Actor, Producer|
|25||Jules Bass||87||American||Director, Producer, Lyricist|
|28||Marvin March||92||American||Set Decorator|
|2||Alan Chui Chung-San||70||Hong Kong||Actor, Stuntman|
|3||Douglas McGrath||64||American||Screenwriter, Director|
|5||Aaron Carter||34||American||Actor, Singer|
|8||Marie Poledňáková||81||Czech||Director, Screenwriter|
|10||Kevin Conroy||66||American||Actor, Voice Actor|
|11||Sven-Bertil Taube||87||Swedish||Actor, Singer|
|12||Budd Friedman||90||American||Comedian, Actor|
|12||Kazuki Ōmori||70||Japanese||Director, Screenwriter|
|15||Krishna||79||Indian||Actor, Director, Producer|
|15||Gudrun Parker||102||Canadian||Director, Screenwriter, Producer|
|16||Robert Clary||96||French-American||Actor, Singer|
|18||Jean Lapointe||86||Canadian||Comedian, Actor, Singer|
|19||Jason David Frank||49||American||Actor|||
|20||Jean-Marie Straub||89||French||Director, Screenwriter|
|25||Irene Cara||63||American||Actress, Singer, Songwriter|
|26||Albert Pyun||69||American||Director, Screenwriter|
|27||Yoichi Sai||73||Japanese||Director, Screenwriter, Actor|
|29||Brad William Henke||56||American||Actor|
|4||Bob McGrath||90||American||Actor, Singer|
|8||Albert Brenner||96||American||Production Designer, Art Director|
|8||Richard Miller||80||American||Visual Effects Artist|
|8||Yoshishige Yoshida||89||Japanese||Director, Screenwriter|
|9||Pedro Miguel Arce||46||Nicaraguan||Actor|
|9||Ruth Madoc||79||English||Actress, Singer|
|13||Stephen "tWitch" Boss||40||American||Actor|
|14||Christopher Tucker||81||English||Make-Up Artist|
|15||James J. Murakami||91||American||Production Designer, Art Director|
|16||Hans Peter Hallwachs||84||German||Actor|
|17||Mike Hodges||90||English||Director, Screenwriter|
|18||Maggie Thrett||76||American||Actress, Singer|
|20||Quinn Redeker||86||American||Actor, Screenwriter|
|29||Ruggero Deodato||83||Italian||Director, Screenwriter|
- Anson Kong – Love Suddenly
- Cloud Wan – Life Must Go On
- Edan Lui – Chilli Laugh Story
- Jer Lau – Mama's Affair
- Keung To – Mama's Affair
- ^ From 2016 onward, the category was shifted from the Critics' Choice Awards to the ancillary Critics' Choice Documentary Awards.
- ^ She was declared brain dead and officially pronounced dead on August 11, 2022, but she was kept on life support until August 14.
- ^ Brody, Richard (December 5, 2022). "The Best Movies of 2022". The New Yorker. Condé Nast. Retrieved April 17, 2023.
- ^ "2022 Worldwide Box Office". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved June 7, 2023.
- ^ "Top 2022 Movies at the Worldwide Box Office". The Numbers. Retrieved June 7, 2023.
- ^ Targaglione, Nancy (September 23, 2022). "Dino-Might: 'Jurassic World Dominion' Crosses $1B At Worldwide Box Office". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 23, 2022.
- ^ Lund, Anthony (July 8, 2022). "Minions: The Rise Of Gru Takes Despicable Me Franchise Past $4 Billion". MovieWeb. Retrieved July 19, 2022.
- ^ Mendelson, Scott. "Box Office: 'Minions 2' Pushes 'Despicable Me' Movies Past $4 Billion". Forbes. Retrieved July 19, 2022.
- ^ D'Alessandro, Anthony; Tartaglione, Nancy (December 20, 2022). "Disney Crosses $4 Billion At Global Box Office, Propped By 'Avatar: The Way Of Water'". Deadline.com. Retrieved December 20, 2022.
- ^ D'Alessandro, Anthony (January 3, 2023). "Disney Rules The Box Office Around The World In 2022 With $4.9 Billion". Deadline.com. Retrieved January 3, 2023.
- ^ McClintock, Pamela (December 28, 2022). "Box Office Milestone: 'Avatar 2′ Crosses $ 1B Globally in 14 Days". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 28, 2022.
- ^ Rubin, Rebecca (December 28, 2022). "'Avatar: The Way of Water' Hits $1 Billion Globally, Fastest 2022 Release to Reach Box Office Milestone". Variety. Retrieved December 28, 2022.
- ^ "Avatar 2 OTT release date: OTT rights, platform, time, subscription charges, Watch Avatar: The Way of Water". WION. January 24, 2023. Retrieved January 24, 2023.
- ^ Marisa Dellato; Siladitya Ray (January 22, 2023). "'Avatar: The Way Of Water' Crosses $2 Billion In Box Office Sales After Six Weeks". Forbes.com. Retrieved January 24, 2023.
- ^ Tartaglione, Nancy (January 5, 2023). "'Avatar: The Way Of Water' Tops $1.5B Global, Becomes No. 10 Highest-Grossing Film Of All Time WW". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 5, 2023.
- ^ Kay, Jeremy (January 17, 2023). "'Avatar: The Way Of Water' confirmed as highest global pandemic era hit, sixth highest of all time". Screen International. Retrieved January 18, 2023.
- ^ a b Gant, Charles (December 19, 2022). "'Avatar: The Way Of Water' storms global box office with $441.6m opening". Screen International. Retrieved December 20, 2022.
- ^ "Weekend Box Office: Avatar: The Way of Water Opens to $134.1M Domestic, $441.7M Global". Box Office Pro. December 18, 2022. Retrieved December 20, 2022.
- ^ Rubin, Rebecca (June 26, 2022). "'Top Gun: Maverick' Soars Past $1 Billion, Overtakes 'Doctor Strange 2' as the Highest-Grossing Movie of the Year Globally". Variety. Retrieved June 26, 2022.
- ^ King, Aidan (June 24, 2022). "Top Gun Maverick surpasses Mission: Impossible - Fallout as Tom Cruise's Biggest Global Film". Collider. Retrieved June 24, 2022.
- ^ "Holiday Opening Weekends". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved June 27, 2022.
- ^ Brown, Tracy (May 30, 2022). "'Top Gun: Maverick' breaks longtime Memorial Day weekend record with $156-million opening". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved June 27, 2022.
- ^ McClintock, Pamela (June 6, 2022). "Box Office: 'Top Gun 2' Scores Record $90M Second Weekend, Crosses $550M Globally". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 27, 2022.
- ^ D'Alessandro, Anthony (June 16, 2022). "'Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness' Domestic Box Office Crosses $400M, 10th MCU Title To Do So". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 21, 2022.
- ^ a b Rubin, Rebecca; Lang, Brent (November 14, 2022). "From Chadwick Boseman's Legacy to Marvel's Might: How 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' Landed One of the Biggest Debuts of the Year". Variety. Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- ^ a b Gant, Charles (November 14, 2022). "'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' delivers second-best opening of 2022". Screen International. Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- ^ "'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' makes African box office history". The Citizen. November 14, 2022. Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- ^ Matos, Clinton (November 15, 2022). "Wakanda Forever breaks records on African opening weekend". Hypertext. Retrieved November 15, 2022.
- ^ D'Alessandro, Anthony (April 10, 2022). "Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Beats Weekend Opening Of First Movie With $71M; What Ambulance Misfire Means For Action Pics Today – Sunday AM Box Office Update". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 10, 2022.
- ^ Tartaglione, Nancy (April 12, 2022). "Sonic 2 Speeds To $141M Global; Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets Of Dumbledore Uncovers $57M In Early Offshore Bow; RRR Roars To WW Milestone – International Box Office". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 12, 2022.
- ^ McClintock, Pamela (April 10, 2022). "Box Office: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Booms With $71M Bow, Ambulance DOA". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 11, 2022.
- ^ Gelhoren, Giovana (April 29, 2022). "Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Passes the Original to Become Biggest Video Game Movie of All Time in U.S." People. Retrieved May 4, 2022.
- ^ "Avatar 2022 Re-release". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved October 2, 2022.
- ^ Rahul Malhotra (October 3, 2022). "'Avatar' Becomes First Film Ever to Pass $2.9 Billion at All-Time Global Box Office". Collider. Retrieved November 18, 2022.
- ^ "'RRR' Box Office collections day 1: SS. Rajamouli film mints over Rs 240 crores; deets inside!". The Times of India. March 31, 2022. Retrieved April 30, 2023.
- ^ Singh, Jatinder (December 12, 2022). "RRR becomes Biggest Indian film in Japan; Beats 24 years old record of Rajinikanth starrer Muthu". Pinkvilla. Retrieved April 30, 2023.
- ^ "RRR｜インド映画の興行収入と観客動員数の推移" [RRR: Indian film box office revenue and attendance]. 映画予報 (Eiga Yohō) (in Japanese). March 30, 2023. Retrieved April 1, 2023.
- ^ "RRR (Japan)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved May 12, 2023.
- ^ Littleton, Cynthia (October 15, 2021). "Golden Globe Awards Set for Jan. 9 as Hollywood Foreign Press Assn. Unveils 2022 Calendar". Variety. Archived from the original on December 13, 2021. Retrieved November 26, 2021.
- ^ Feinberg, Scott (October 15, 2021). "Golden Globes: HFPA Will Attempt to Hold Ceremony in 2022 Without NBC and Despite Ongoing Boycott". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on November 26, 2021. Retrieved November 26, 2021.
- ^ "Nacho Vigalondo y Paula Púa presentarán los Feroz 2022" [Nacho Vigalondo and Paula Púa will present the Feroz 2022]. La Vanguardia (in Spanish). November 17, 2021. Archived from the original on January 4, 2022. Retrieved January 4, 2022.
- ^ Silvestre, Juan (December 12, 2021). "Premios Goya 2022: El buen patrón y Maixabel arrasan en las nominaciones" [Goya Awards 2022: The good patron and Maixabel sweep the nominations]. Fotogramas (in Spanish). Archived from the original on December 11, 2021. Retrieved January 4, 2022.
- ^ "Voici les nommés de la 11e cérémonie des Magritte du Cinéma" [Here are the nominees of the 11th Magritte du Cinéma ceremony]. Le Soir (in French). January 12, 2022. Retrieved January 12, 2022.
- ^ Tartaglione, Nancy (January 26, 2022). "César Awards Nominations: 'Lost Illusions', 'Annette', 'Aline' Dominate; 'Titane' Shut Out Of Best Film Race – Full List". Deadline. Retrieved January 27, 2022.
- ^ Lewis, Hilary; Coates, Tyler (January 12, 2022). "SAG Awards: 'House of Gucci,' 'The Power of the Dog' Lead Film Nominations". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 12, 2022.
- ^ Hore, Seanna; Santos, Gladys (July 22, 2021). "37th Annual Film Independent Spirit Awards Moves to March 6th in 2022" (Press release). Film Independent. Retrieved July 22, 2021.
- ^ Serra, Xavi (March 7, 2022). "Neus Ballús i Clara Roquet triomfen als Gaudí de les directores". Ara.
- ^ Saperstein, Pat (January 13, 2022). "AFI Awards Reception Rescheduled for March 11". Variety. Archived from the original on January 14, 2022. Retrieved January 13, 2022.
- ^ "DGA Announces Nominees for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Television, Commercials and Documentary for 2021". Directors Guild of America. January 26, 2022. Retrieved January 26, 2022.
- ^ "49th Annual Annie Awards Now Open for Submissions". Animation World Network. August 9, 2021. Archived from the original on November 28, 2021. Retrieved November 28, 2021.
- ^ Shanfeld, Ethan (January 20, 2022). "Annie Awards 2022 Move to March, Go Virtual Due to COVID Concerns". Variety. Retrieved January 20, 2022.
- ^ Hammond, Pete (January 13, 2022). "Critics Choice Live Telecast Rescheduled For March 13, Same Date As BAFTA Film Awards; Might Be Major Conflict For Some Nominees". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 13, 2022.
- ^ "BAFTA Sets Date for 2022 Film Awards". The Hollywood Reporter. June 21, 2021.
- ^ Aller, María (March 15, 2022). "Premios Unión de Actores 2022: 'El buen patrón' arrasa entre los premiados". Fotogramas (in Spanish).
- ^ "National Board Of Review Names Paul Thomas Anderson & His Licorice Pizza As Best Director & Film". Deadline Hollywood. December 2, 2021.
- ^ Verhoeven, Beatrice (January 13, 2022). "Producers Guild Postpones 2022 Awards Ceremony Amid COVID-19 Surge". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 13, 2022.
- ^ Hipes, Patrick (January 13, 2022). "WGA Awards TV Nominations: 'Yellowjackets', 'Hacks', 'Loki', 'Only Murders In The Building' Join Usual Suspects On List". Deadline. Retrieved January 14, 2022.
- ^ "RAZZ NEWZ". The Razzies!.
- ^ Davis, Clayton (May 27, 2021). "Oscars 2022 Ceremony Moves to Late March, Keeping Pandemic Qualifying Rules and Standard Calendar Year". Variety. Archived from the original on November 22, 2021. Retrieved November 26, 2021.
- ^ "Los premios Platino se celebrarán el 1 de mayo en Madrid". La Vanguardia (in Spanish). February 7, 2022. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- ^ "Winners of IIFA Awards 2022: Vicky Kaushal and Kriti Sanon win top honours for Sardar Udham and Mimi". Bollywood Hungama. Bollywood Hungama News Network. June 5, 2022. Archived from the original on June 5, 2022. Retrieved July 13, 2022.
- ^ Wong, Silvia. "Soi Cheang's 'Limbo' leads 2022 Hong Kong Film Awards nominations". Screen. Retrieved February 16, 2022.
- ^ Christy Leung (March 24, 2022). "Hong Kong stars to welcome leading film awards back to stage after 2-year wait". South China Morning Post. Retrieved March 27, 2022.
- ^ "67th Wolf777news Filmfare Awards 2022 held at the Jio World Convention Centre". Filmfare. September 2, 2022.
- ^ "SIIMA 2021 nominations: Allu Arjun's Pushpa, Dhanush's Karnan, Tovino Thomas' Minnal Murali lead the race". The Indian Express. August 17, 2022. Retrieved August 24, 2022.
- ^ Kim Nara (August 26, 2022). "아이유X손석구, '신인상' 받을까…"춘사국제영화제, 후보 발표" [공식]" [IU X Son Seok-gu, will he receive the 'Rookie of the Year Award'... "Chunsa International Film Festival, Candidate Announcement" [Official]]. My Daily (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved August 27, 2022.
- ^ Nam, Yoo-jung (August 28, 2022). "헤어질 결심 브로커 둘 다 8개 부문 후보 올라" [Decision to break up and Broker both nominated for 8 categories] (in Korean). Busan Ilbo. Retrieved August 29, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ Tinoco, Armando (August 12, 2022). "Saturn Awards Nominations: The Batman, Nightmare Alley, Spider-Man, Better Call Saul Top List". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 15, 2022.
- ^ "Los Premios Forqué se celebrarán el 17 de diciembre, de nuevo en Madrid". La Vanguardia (in Spanish). September 15, 2022. Retrieved October 3, 2022.
- ^ D'Alessandro, Anthony (January 5, 2022). "Sundance Scraps In-Person Program For Full Virtual Festival Due To Omicron Surge". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on January 8, 2022. Retrieved January 8, 2022.
- ^ Keslassy, Elsa (December 14, 2021). "International Film Festival Rotterdam Maintains On-Site 2022 Edition Despite Pandemic". Variety. Archived from the original on December 21, 2021. Retrieved January 8, 2022.
- ^ Ramachandran, Naman (October 7, 2021). "Berlin Film Festival 2022 Edition Set as In-Person Event, Dates Revealed". Variety. Archived from the original on December 15, 2021. Retrieved January 8, 2022.
- ^ "Kristiansand International Children Film Festival 2022". Barnefilm Festivalen. Retrieved March 1, 2022.
- ^ Scott Roxborough (April 21, 2022). "David Cronenberg, Park Chan-wook, Kelly Reichardt Set for Cannes Competition". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 14, 2022.
- ^ Son Bong-seok (April 21, 2022). "제26회 부천국제판타스틱영화제(BIFAN), 올해 칸영화제 '판타스틱 7' 출품작 '서울의 공포'(Seoul Horror Story) 선정" [The 26th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN) selected 'Seoul Horror Story' as the entry for 'Fantastic 7' at this year's Cannes Film Festival]. Sports trend (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved April 21, 2022.
- ^ Vivarelli, Nick (April 13, 2022). "U.S. Indie Icon Kelly Reichardt To Receive Locarno Honorary Golden Pard". Variety.
- ^ Bergeson, Samantha (March 2, 2022). "Venice Film Festival Won't Boycott Russian Filmmakers Who 'Oppose the Current Regime'". indiewire.com.
- ^ Ethan Shanfeld (February 24, 2022). "Toronto International Film Festival Returns in Person This Fall". Variety. Retrieved March 4, 2022.
- ^ "El Festival de San Sebastián 2022 abre la inscripción de películas". Cine y Tele. January 18, 2022.
- ^ Song Seung-hyun (February 2, 2022). "Busan International Film Festival aims to connect Asia's film industry". The Korea Herald. Retrieved March 3, 2022.
- ^ "Goa: Iffi 2022 likely to be in hybrid form". The Times of India. August 17, 2022. Retrieved August 24, 2022.
- ^ Kilday, Gregg; Byrge, Duane (January 6, 2022). "Peter Bogdanovich, Oscar-Nominated Director and Champion of Hollywood's Golden Age, Dies at 82". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 12, 2022.
- ^ Stolworthy, Jacob (January 7, 2022). "Legendary actor Sidney Poitier, first Black man to win Best Actor Oscar, dies aged 94". The Independent. Archived from the original on January 7, 2022. Retrieved January 7, 2022.
- ^ Haring, Bruce (January 8, 2022). "Marilyn Bergman Dies: Multiple Oscar, Emmy, Grammy Winning Lyricist Was 93". Deadline. Retrieved January 9, 2022.
- ^ Willis, Kim (January 9, 2022). "Dwayne Hickman, TV's girl-crazy 'Dobie Gillis' star and former CBS executive, dies at 87". USA Today. Retrieved January 9, 2022.
- ^ Caruso, Nick (January 9, 2022). "Bob Saget, Full House Star and Stand-Up Comedian, Dead at 65". TVLine. Retrieved January 9, 2022.
- ^ Keslassy, Elsa (January 19, 2022). "Gaspard Ulliel, French Actor and 'Moon Knight' Star, Dies at 37 After Ski Accident". Variety. Retrieved January 19, 2022.
- ^ Pedersen, Erik (January 20, 2022). "Meat Loaf Dies: 'Bat Out Of Hell' Singer & 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' Actor Was 74". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 21, 2022.
- ^ Patten, Dominic (January 21, 2022). "Louie Anderson Dies: Comedian & Emmy Winner Was 68". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 21, 2022.
- ^ Pedersen, Erik (January 25, 2022). "Kathryn Kates Dies: 'Many Saints Of Newark', 'Seinfeld' & 'SVU' Actress Was 73". Deadline. Retrieved May 30, 2022.
- ^ Barnes, Mike (January 30, 2022). "Howard Hesseman, Dr. Johnny Fever on 'WKRP in Cincinnati,' Dies at 81". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 30, 2022.
- ^ Barnes, Mike (February 1, 2022). "Bob Wall, Martial Arts Expert Who Fought Bruce Lee in Films, Dies at 82". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 30, 2022.
- ^ Barnes, Mike (January 31, 2022). "Carleton Carpenter, Debbie Reynolds' Co-Star in 'Two Weeks With Love,' Dies at 95". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 30, 2022.
- ^ "Muere la actriz Margarita Lozano a los 90 años". abcplay (in Spanish). February 7, 2022. Retrieved May 18, 2022 – via ABC.
- ^ "Muere la actriz Alicia Hermida, Valentina en 'Cuéntame cómo pasó'". Cinemanía (in Spanish). February 9, 2022 – via 20minutos.es.
- ^ Mills, Travis (March 2, 2022). "Tribute to Actor Brad Johnson". Retrieved March 24, 2022.
- ^ Cheng, Cheryl (February 24, 2022). "Sally Kellerman, Hot Lips Houlihan in 'M*A*S*H,' Dies at 84". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 24, 2022.
- ^ Evans, Greg (February 28, 2022). "Ned Eisenberg Dies: Actor On 'Law & Order: SVU', Broadway And In Clint Eastwood Films Was 65". Deadline Hollywood.
- ^ Evans, Greg (March 2, 2022). "Kirk Baily Dies: Nickelodeon's 'Salute Your Shorts' Performer And Prolific Voice Actor Was 59". Deadline. Retrieved March 2, 2022.
- ^ Barnes, Mike (March 9, 2022). "Conrad Janis, Trombonist and 'Mork & Mindy' Actor, Dies at 94". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 10, 2022.
- ^ "'Good Times' And Broadway Star Johnny Brown Dies At 84". Shadow and Act. March 4, 2022. Retrieved March 5, 2022.
- ^ Hanson, Natalie (March 15, 2022). "Oscar-winning Marin filmmaker John Korty dies". Marin Independent Journal. Retrieved March 20, 2022.
- ^ Barnes, Mike (March 19, 2022). "Jimmy Lydon, William Powell's Oldest Son in 'Life With Father,' Dies at 98". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 20, 2022.
- ^ Swift, Andy (March 10, 2022). "Emilio Delgado, Sesame Street's Luis Rodriguez, Dead at 81". TVLine. Retrieved March 10, 2022.
- ^ Haring, Bruce (March 13, 2022). "William Hurt Dies: Oscar-Winning Actor For 'Kiss Of The Spider Woman' Was 71". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 13, 2022.
- ^ Mitovich, Matt Webb (April 8, 2022). "ATWT Vet Kathryn Hays Dead at 87". TVLine.
- ^ Grobar, Matt (April 2, 2022). "Estelle Harris Dies: 'Seinfeld's Estelle Costanza, 'Toy Story' Franchise's Mrs. Potato Head Was 93". Deadline. Retrieved April 2, 2022.
- ^ Vivarelli, Nick (April 11, 2022). "Italian Producer Massimo Cristaldi, Who Shepherded 'Sicilian Ghost Story,' Dies at 66". Variety. Retrieved June 4, 2022.
- ^ Moreau, Jordan (April 12, 2022). "Gilbert Gottfried, Comedian and 'Aladdin' Star, Dies at 67". Variety. Retrieved April 12, 2022.
- ^ Saperstein, Pat (April 15, 2022). "Rio Hackford, Club Owner and Actor, Dies at 52". Variety. Retrieved April 16, 2022.
- ^ Pedersen, Erik (April 15, 2022). "Liz Sheridan Dies: 'Seinfeld' Mom & 'ALF' Actress Was 93". Deadline. Retrieved April 15, 2022.
- ^ Schwartz, Ryan (April 21, 2022). "Tony Winner Robert Morse, Who Played Mad Men's Bert Cooper, Dead at 90". TVLine. Retrieved April 21, 2022.
- ^ Sandomir, Richard (May 3, 2022). "David Birney, Who Starred on TV's 'Bridget Loves Bernie,' Dies at 83". The New York Times. Retrieved May 3, 2022.
- ^ Cazallas, Javier (April 28, 2022). "Ha muerto el actor Juan Diego (Vete de mí, Los hombres de Paco) a los 79 años". HobbyConsolas (in Spanish). Retrieved April 28, 2022.
- ^ Moreau, Jordan (April 28, 2022). "Harold Livingston, 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture' Screenwriter, Dies at 97". Variety. Retrieved April 28, 2022.
- ^ Evans, Greg (May 31, 2022). "Charles Siebert Dies: 'Trapper John, M.D.' Actor Was 84". Deadline. Retrieved May 31, 2022.
- ^ Schwartz, Ryan (May 6, 2022). "Mike Hagerty, Longtime Character Actor and Friends' Mr. Treeger, Dead at 67". TVLine. Retrieved May 6, 2022.
- ^ "Prolific Canadian actor Kenneth Welsh dead at 80". CBC.ca. May 6, 2022. Retrieved May 7, 2022.
- ^ Cheon Yun-hye (May 7, 2022). "강수연, 오늘(7일) 별세..향년 55세[공식]" [Kang Su-yeon, passed away today (7th).. 55 years old [Official]]. Herald POP (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved May 7, 2022.
- ^ Pedersen, Erik (May 9, 2022). "Jack Kehler Dies: 'Big Lebowski' Landlord, Character Actor In Dozens Of Films & TV Shows Was 75". Deadline. Retrieved May 11, 2022.
- ^ Evans, Greg (May 12, 2022). "Bruce MacVittie Dies: 'The Sopranos', 'Law & Order', 'American Buffalo' Actor Was 65". Deadline. Retrieved May 15, 2022.
- ^ Dick, Jeremy (May 8, 2022). "John Cherry, Creator of Jim Varney's Ernest, Dies at 73". MovieWeb. Retrieved May 8, 2022.
- ^ Haring, Bruce (May 8, 2022). "Dennis Waterman Dies: 'The Sweeney' And 'New Tricks' Star In UK TV Was 74". Deadline. Retrieved May 8, 2022.
- ^ Barnes, Mike (May 16, 2022). "Maggie Peterson, Actress on 'The Andy Griffith Show,' Dies at 81". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 16, 2022.
- ^ Petski, Denise (May 19, 2022). "John Aylward Dies: 'ER' & 'The West Wing' Actor Was 75". Deadline. Retrieved May 21, 2022.
- ^ Rus, Oscar (May 20, 2022). "Muere el actor Chete Lera a los 72 años en un accidente de tráfico". abcplay (in Spanish). Retrieved May 20, 2022 – via ABC.
- ^ Parker, Ryan (May 22, 2022). "Colin Cantwell, Concept Artist Who Designed Iconic 'Star Wars' Spacecraft, Dies at 90". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 22, 2022.
- ^ Barnes, Mike (September 9, 2022). "Gary Nelson, Director of 'Freaky Friday,' 'The Black Hole' and 'Get Smart,' Dies at 87". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 9, 2022.
- ^ VanHoose, Benjamin (May 26, 2022). "Ray Liotta, Goodfellas Actor and Emmy Winner, Dead at 67". Retrieved May 26, 2022.
- ^ Rice, Lynette (May 28, 2022). "George Shapiro Dies: Legendary Talent Manager & 'Seinfeld' Producer Was 91". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 29, 2022.
- ^ Koseluk, Chris (May 28, 2022). "Bo Hopkins, 'Wild Bunch' and 'American Graffiti' Actor, Dies at 84". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 28, 2022.
- ^ "Rockabilly musician Ronnie Hawkins dies at 87". CP24. May 29, 2022. Retrieved May 29, 2022.
- ^ "'Goggomobil' Yellow Pages and Prisoner actor Tommy Dysart dies". 7NEWS. June 15, 2022. Retrieved June 16, 2022.
- ^ "RIP Matt Zimmerman". Sci-Fi Bulletin. June 9, 2022. Retrieved June 9, 2022.
- ^ Burlingame, Jon (June 23, 2022). "Artie Kane, Studio Pianist and Film-TV Composer, Dies at 93". Variety. Retrieved June 24, 2022.
- ^ Burton, Carson (June 23, 2022). "Robert A. Katz, Producer Behind 'Gettysburg' and 'Selena,' Dies at 79". Variety. Retrieved June 23, 2022.
- ^ Petski, Denise (June 27, 2022). "Mary Mara Dies In Apparent Drowning: 'Nash Bridges', 'ER', 'Law & Order: SVU' Actor Was 61". Deadline. Retrieved June 27, 2022.
- ^ Ibrahim, Samantha; Kato, Brooke (July 7, 2022). "'Godfather' star James Caan dead: Rob Reiner, Francis Ford Coppola and more pay tribute". New York Post.
- ^ Wright, Minnie (July 8, 2022). "Gregory Itzin, 24 and Star Trek actor, dies, aged 74". Radio Times.
- ^ Buss, Andrew (July 8, 2022). "Comedian Larry Storch, star of 'F Troop,' dead at 99". The Laugh Button.
- ^ Evans, Greg (July 18, 2022). "Mickey Rooney Jr. Dies: Musician, Mouseketeer & Hollywood Scion Was 77". Deadline. Retrieved July 18, 2022.
- ^ "Muere la actriz Berta Riaza a los 94 años" [Actress Berta Riaza dies at 94]. Público (in Spanish). July 25, 2022.
- ^ Panaligan, EJ (July 28, 2022). "Mary Alice, Actress in 'A Different World' and 'Sparkle,' Dies". Variety. Retrieved July 28, 2022.
- ^ Dagan, Carmel (July 31, 2022). "Nichelle Nichols, Uhura in 'Star Trek,' Dies at 89". Variety. Archived from the original on July 31, 2022. Retrieved July 31, 2022.
- ^ Edwards, Gavin (August 9, 2022). "Lamont Dozier, Writer of Numerous Motown Hits, Dies at 81". The New York Times. Retrieved August 9, 2022.
- ^ "Lamtumirë kineastit Dhamo, shuhet në SHBA 'babai' i filmit të parë! Nga meraku i tij për 'Tanën' e restauruar, te mesazhi për të mos u vënë kryq filmave shqiptarë – Shqiptarja". shqiptarja.com (in Albanian). Retrieved August 14, 2022.
- ^ Lenker, Maureen (September 9, 2022). "Marsha Hunt, Actress Blacklisted in Hollywood, Dies at 104". MSN. Retrieved September 10, 2022.
- ^ "Telugu superstar Krishnam Raju passes away". The Indian Express. September 11, 2022.
- ^ "Legendary Hollywood tough guy Henry Silva dead at 95". New York Post. September 17, 2022.
- ^ "Petersburg-born singer and actress Marva Hicks dies; friend calls her 'a vocal juggernaut'". Petersurg Progress-Index. September 18, 2022.
- ^ "Died actor and director Sergei Puskepalis". Russia Posts English. September 20, 2022.
- ^ "Angela Lansbury, 'Murder, She Wrote' and 'Beauty and the Beast' star, dies at 96". NBC News. October 11, 2022.
- ^ "Actor Robbie Coltrane dies aged 72". BBC. October 14, 2022. Retrieved October 14, 2022.
- ^ "'Power Rangers' Star Jason David Frank Dead By Suicide at 49". TMZ. November 20, 2022. Retrieved November 20, 2022.
- ^ "Kirstie Alley Dead: Star of 'Cheers' Dies at 71 After Short Battle with Cancer". People. December 5, 2022. Retrieved December 5, 2022.
- ^ Умер Эдуард Артемьев (in Russian)